1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 21, 2018.

1. fiersdownbelow

Dumbass Twins gave it to the A's on a walkoff wild pitch. One day those juiced-up zilches will be forced to play a team with decent pitching in a real series.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Fans complain when things go poorly in a game day thread.

That’s what this place is for. Contemporaneous thoughts about the game.

If some does something good they will often get a “nice” or “good job”

If they do something bad they will get people expressing frustration.

With the way the offense has played at home there is a lot of frustration.

Even Kalas and Blum would acknowledge that.

I’m sorry if the “good job” quota hasnt met your standards but the internet and fan forums in general will have more expressions of frustration than expressions of satisfaction.

mick fry and WhoDatStrosfan like this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

I guess I’m not paying attention to that.

I do notice some posters like to not say anything and then play “gotcha” when people express frustration in frustrating circumstances.

The gameday thread is going to have some posts expressing frustration when the offense scores 1 through 7 and then blows it bigtime in the 8th. I see that as reasonable.

mick fry likes this.
  4. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Doesn’t matter if we keep on winning. Just need to win 5 of last 8 regardless of what Oakland does. Oakland has last 6 games on road against Seattle and angels.

Personally I think Oakland would be our most favorable playoff matchup. I’d much rather see them stay hot and beat NYY in wildcard and upset Boston.

5. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

The way the A's are winning isn't sustainable, especially going into the playoffs. Treinen has become the only dependable arm in their bullpen and Melvin is going to ride that wave as far as it'll take him.

everyday eddie likes this.
  6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

If they got past the Yankees I think the Red Sox lineup would destroy their starting pitching and wear down the A's bullpen in a 5 game series.

7. HTM

HTM Member

Funny, I would consider the definition of a whiny fan as someone who trolls through the game thread post- game to whine about posts people made in frustration during the game.

Good job, you got’em. Keep it up bud.

Tomstro and fiersdownbelow like this.
  8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Frustration doesn't bother me. Over the top the end is nigh when it's not or vitriolic type responses though do. That's ok though, that's what the block button's for.

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We smoke the Angels in game 1, 2 total pages.

Top of the 8th had almost 4 pages by itself. Not many people had s**t to say until there was something to b**** about.

YOLO likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That’s fine... but there are literally posters who only post when they’re losing... and the next day is filled with novels discussing why this team is bad and what they have to do to make it better.

Nothing from them when they are winning.

It gets old.

11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Wow, I straight up fell asleep mid 8th! Holy crap!!!

Houstunna and seemoreroyals like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Ha! Me too. I fell asleep after the Astros had a few on. I woke up later and checked the score and saw “10” and had to make sure it was right.

Astros played very poorly in the top of the 8th, the crowd booed a bit and like the bad asses they are, the Astros hang a “9” spot to not only win but crush the Angels.

The Astros are not perfect and at times are frustrating but the last two years are likely the best Astros team we will see in our lifetime.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

That 8th inning capped off an incredible sports day for me... Liverpool w the easy 3-0 clean sheet over Southampton in the morning, then off to DKR to see the horns shockingly trounce TCU, and then catching the whole 8th inning from terrible start to spectacular finish at the bar.

Let’s go Reds
    Hook em Horns
    And go stros!

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When I see some of the complaining, it bugs me more than it probably should for this reason. We are likely too win 100 games again, and will be primed to possibly do it again next season. Over a multiple year stretch we are as good as you can possibly hope for your team to ever be. Half the franchises in baseball have less than two 100 wins seasons total, and we are doing it back to back.

I think they're really doing themselves a disservice by not appreciating this, because it is almost impossible for a franchise to be better.

Just a quick comparison to the 3 other expansion era teams in our division, the Mariners, Rangers, and Angels have 2 100 wins seasons, and 1 WS title between all 3 franchises combined.

arkoe, leroy, YOLO and 4 others like this.
  15. WhoDatStrosfan

We just have to keep handling our own business.
    We got this.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well said. What the title did for me last season was allowed me, as a fan for 40 years, to relax. It's allowed me to do exactly what you're saying...just enjoy the historical aspect of what they're doing (at least for this franchise). There hasn't been a back to back 100 win season since the 02-03 Yankees and Braves...nor a back to back title since the 98-2000 Yankees. What they're doing is not an everyday occurrence. To throw hissy fits over individual ab's or innings is silly. Doesn't make you a better or worse fan. If that's how you choose to relay your fandom, so be it. I just hope those of you that post things like "this is a trash game" or "I DON'T TRUST THIS TEAM" in the 2nd inning can still appreciate what these Astros are in the middle of.

arkoe, Jake Tower and YOLO like this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Astros are 15-4 in September.

WhoDatStrosfan and arkoe like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

Fine with me. I think someone that thinks we couldn't possibly win a 7 games series with the A's because we gave up 5 runs in an inning is whiny. I feel sorry for all the fans that feel so much frustration while watching the best teams in Astros history the last couple of years because they have no concept of the ups and downs of a baseball at-bat, game, or season. I can't imagine watching sports if they made me that miserable.

arkoe, Newlin and YOLO like this.
  19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

This is certainly an eye opener from now on in a fan forum when a team does shitty be sure to not say anything and when someone else does you should wait to make sure that the **** gets covered up before you jump in and criticize those people because that is what real fans do. Wow, I’m starting to feel a stick up my ass already.

roxallways and Houstunna like this.