1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 30, 2018.

1. HTown2017Champs

Really hope he wins August Player of the Month. He has totally earned it.

Houstunna, mick fry and AuburnRocket like this.
  2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Hinch is going to sink or swim with Correa in the cleanup spot. That's why if he doesn't get his **** together the team won't go that far in the playoffs.

Nook likes this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

It only took Harris one pitch to shatter our hopes unfortunately. Same feeling every time that I had with KO Giles.

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Give Correa a day off tomorrow, Marwin at SS and Kemp in left.

HTown2017Champs and Houstunna like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Gotta love White....

Something like a 33rd round pick...

Is shaped like Garfield with a gut and feet so small he almost falls forward if he stands still too long...

Dominates in the minors and is told his body sucks... works on his body.... told to try catching or playing up the middle... tries.... hits like 370 in AAA....

Starts his big league career on fire.... then fails miserably after not being able to pick up big league pitches.

Spends almost two more years in the minors before getting another real shot...

So it was 5-0 in the 9th and White yanks a 2 run shot because unlike “Team Correa” or all the former blue chip former prospects on the Astros, White is THIRSTY... he doesn’t want to go back to Fresno again.

I remember the year after the Astros drafted White... an Astros scout said that there are a very small group of guys that just “get it” and “make it” regardless of limitations and are “winners” and said White was one of those guys.

At some point White will struggle and his bat will be questioned but I firmly believed he was a good big league hitter almost 3 years ago and believe it now.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Yankees to get Cutch

7. Malaya

Malaya Member

We're getting Ted on Saturday. I hope he gets it this time around. With Correa struggling, we need another big bat

8. Senator

Senator Member

Hope White... POWER! saves some of it for October. That's when you hope Correa and Springer get hot.

9. Senator

Senator Member

Correa is 23... White didn't do anything before 27. If Correa is still lethargic in his prime you would have a point but you're just building a false narrative in your frustration at the Astro's O.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s hard to believe that Correa is only just barely having a better season than Marwin is this year. I know it’s probably due to the injury, but damn...

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I’m not building any narrative other than the fact that White really is hungry.

Go back to your stupid “White Power” posts and your D&D posts hypotheses that black people are poor because they have a low IQ.

12. Senator

Senator Member

Yawn... another internet warrior using a down year to bully good talent. Correa is coming off back to back 6 WAR years and has had issues overthinking + injuries this year. It's not like this is his mean or he's smoking cigars in strip clubs every night. With experts like you the Red Sox should have traded Betts when he hit .264. I posted factual data correlating single motherhood with poverty and violence, but like a kid you have to make things up to argue with more capable people.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Again... you apparently can’t read. I never said anything bad about Correa.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Damn. Not the biggest Cutch fan, but he's still good enough to make a 25-man playoff roster.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah he makes a 25 man roster, can still play some and still gets on base. I would have liked him on the Astros as an insurance policy, but I know we have a number of similar bats. We really could use a masher, but other than Machado, there really wasn't anyone available to file that role.

kaleidosky and HTown2017Champs like this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

To say Correa is having or a bad month or year isn't the same as saying he is a bad player. Certainly good or even great players have down times. Personally, I dont have trouble calling his production for what it is. Correa is having a terrible month (August/2018). Saying such isn't meant to have any meaning beyond the context of this month. If you want to read something into this kind of statement beyond the specified context, then maybe your the one who shouldn't argue with more capable people.

17. theimpossibles1

Can we PLEASE drop the "White power" "White supremacy" nicknames? There's a reason you never hear these on the broadcasts. It's not as funny or cute as you think it is, in fact it is very offensive.

Great White is an excellent nickname.

Thanks!

18. Buck Turgidson

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Charlie Blackmon Power

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

For more info (Athletic, so $$$)