1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Astros vs. White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2021.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why? If he’s ready to go... he’s your best pitcher.
    Then you get Framber at home on full rest. No brainer.

Rockets FTW, htownrox1, King1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Oddly enough, the throwing hand is typically a guide hand when battling so it effects the checked swing more than the power which is generated by the glove hand. (Typically)

We do have a couple of left throwing right side batters that doesn't work on.

3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Win or lose, this is the right decision.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Is there a way to hide threads from showing? That fuking jackass with the ALCS thread I just can't with the fukery right now.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

When it get's to be too much, just ignore the member. I intend to do this far more often than I actually do. There's usually a pearl in that-there ugly oyster somewhere.

6. STR8Thugg

I don't even want to look at the thread. If you care to holla out the member I'll look them up and block them.

Seriously needs to be reported and removed. It's bullshit. I'm not playing these fuking games in the playoffs.

7. mightybosstone

I'm feeling the nerves this morning. For once, I'm actually thankful for the early start time, but it feels like the White Sox gained all the momentum Sunday night and now they've got Rodon on the mound.

I'd love to see the Astros make a statement early. A homer. Some big strikeouts from Lance. A double play. Something to shut up the crowd and shift the momentum back in Houston's favor.

STR8Thugg and Uprising like this.
  8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Statement early, middle and late!

HOUSTON 4 2 3 2 5 2 7 2 3

CHICAGO 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

mightybosstone and STR8Thugg like this.
  9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Josh Smith

STR8Thugg likes this.
  10. ktex

ktex Member

I am fvcking nervous AF.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  11. Elienator

Elienator Member

If you’ve never been to Fenway it’s a great place to see a game. Yes the seats are cramped and half of them don’t face the field. Yes there will be a fight in the bleachers and some of the fans are as bad as any in the sport. However, other than Wrigley it’s older than any other stadium by half a century and the experience in and around the stadium on game day is unlike any other stadium I’ve been to.

jayfree and the shark like this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

hate to use gematria is an astros thread

but if i was a better i would place huge money on the astros winning today

todays date is 10/12/... in gematria the zeros do not count.. so basically the game today will be played on 112..

houston equals 112 in gematria

Scarface281 likes this.
  13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I seriously didn't remember placing him on ignore, but that's why the thread doesn't pop up for me.

And I just noticed an Unwatch Thread link in grey at the right side of the Thread when you pull it up in the HOUSTON ASTROS heading.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  14. CinematicFusion

Which Rodon do we get today?
    If his velocity is down, we get to him early and McCullers pitches like the Ace he’s capable of being, our elite defense backs him up and we will be fine and cruise to an easy victory.

15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

He claims to be feeling better. But he's as believable as a politician.

16. STR8Thugg

****, same! The table is completely set for us. Just have to go out there and ball. McCullers needs to work his magic today.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I expect early on, will look hairy. Rodon will be on extra rest with adrenaline, and feeling good. His stuff will be sharp and wicked early and everybody will continue to pile on the Astros striking out on the road. Meanwhile, Lance coming off the only game all year where he didn’t walk anybody… after leading the league in walks… will be slightly wild/all over the place at first. 20-30 pitch first inning. Maybe a run or two. Sky will be falling. Bullpen will start stirring with Urquiddy. Etc.

If they can just get through that early part… Rodon will then hit a wall, the offense should be able to work counts get men on base and get a mistake, and Lance usually does string together several efficient innings (at least this year) after a long one.

CinematicFusion and Nook like this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Rodon’s velocity was down at the end of the year right? It’ll be interesting to see where he’s at today.

19. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

supposedly he's at 91 on his fb, down from 96-97

BigM likes this.
  20. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

way down but also I’d they are starting him hey may have been seeing it start to tick back up.

BigM likes this.