1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Astros vs. White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2021.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Uprising likes this.
  2. Elienator

Elienator Member

Maton in that situation was a better potential option. It was also both a bad decision and the worst decision Dusty made although I'd argue not having someone already warm is as much a part of it than who was warming.

That being said, having watched the game and everything that happened after I don't see how you can realistically say that one call is why they lost the game. The Astros came back and tied if after that. Then the Sox scored 3 runs on ground balls and a bad non-call on interference. A pitcher inducing softly hit ground balls is a good thing. Astros hitters then struck out something like 11 times after the fourth. The batter's change in approach / or mental state wasn't because Yimi gave up a 3 run homer. It was the entire sequence of events most of which were random ball in play stuff or bad calls.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

new day. new opportunity. i see some bulletin material has become available.

go stros

Uprising, King1 and Nook like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Last night's game was the most infuriating baseball game I've watched in years. SOOOOO many shenanigans that couldn't have possibly been accidental.

Now sure, Dusty made some bad decisions (doesn't he always?) but the officiating was inexcusable. It was David Stern NBA playoffs tier bad.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just win today - none of it will matter.

DD

ROCKSS, bcast89 and ramotadab like this.
  6. Elienator

Elienator Member

“Don’t ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence.” - probably someone.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It looks like Rodon hasn’t pitched more than 5 innings since mid july

8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The White Sox were obviously desperate last night and let their nuts hang out. I don't think they'll quite repeat that today. I already liked our chances today, but after seeing Tepera's comments (which had better be bulletin board material in the Astros clubhouse) I really like our chances to end this series today. Expect big games from Correa and Altuve.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Rain looking like a potential severe impact to today's game ... puts the bullpen much more in focus

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

pantherheat1022, King1 and Nook like this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Seriously, I never of that White Sox pitcher before and never will after. Forgive that pitcher, he never sandbag before.

12. Buck Turgidson

For the first time in my life, there is part of an Astros playoff game I will never see. Turned it off after the non-call on Grandal's interference, deleted the recording this morning.

Win today and I can completely forget that game ever happened.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Same.

Once we went down 9-6 on some more BS, I just decided this one wasn't for us. Was able to calm my nerves and get a full nights sleep instead of simmering through the rest of it.

the shark and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Why does Dusty keep using our crappy relievers in high leverage situations? In close games the only relievers that should be used are Stanek, Graveman, Pressley, and then Greinke/Javier in long relief. Once these options are exhausted move on to the rest.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just finish this **** today

DVauthrin likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That one call directly led to a five-run inning by the White Sox. If Grandal was rung up, like he should have been, and Jimenez grounds out like he did, the score heading to the 4th inning is 5-1 Astros, not 6-5 White Sox. It turned the game and the momentum in Chicago’s favor, and they ran with it. What happened next led to Luis Garcia being knocked out of the game so Yimi Garcia could fall behind Leurys Garcia and throw a fastball down the middle that he crushed to give the White Sox the lead.

The bogus non-interference call led to another run for the White Sox in the bottom of the fourth.

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. Radricky

Radricky Member

Fark
    I hope the weather improves.
    It will be torture waiting another full day lol

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hanlon's razor is usually valid, but the extent of things go beyond what I believe can be adequately explained by incompetence.

For example, when a base runner choses this "path"

[​IMG]

so that he can interfere with the throw home, and does so successfully......and you allow it. That's not incompetence, that's malice.

DVauthrin likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That said, Go Astros. Let’s end this series today.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not looking good, weather wise, for the game today. Supposed to start pouring around 3 pm and not stop until after midnight. Hopefully MLB does the right thing and postpone until tomorrow. There's no sense in trying to get it in today, only to have it rained out. Would play havoc on both team's staffs.