1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALDS] Astros vs. Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 7, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Good morning everyone!

How about them Astros?

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Marisnick again in the lineup. I like it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> lineup for Game 2 . <a href="https://twitter.com/KPRC2">@KPRC2</a> <a href="http://t.co/pP41WsxW3V">pic.twitter.com/pP41WsxW3V</a></p>&mdash; Randy McIlvoy (@RandyMcIlvoy) <a href="https://twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy/status/652505197739012096">October 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Anyone watch Springer's postgame interview? Does he has a stutter or speech impediment? I have seen him interviewed on Root Sports and he always seemed fine but it felt like he could barely get a word out last night.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, he has had a really bad stuttering problem. He's been involved in various events to support kids that have that problem.

6. Buck Turgidson

Yes, stutter. Like with most people afflicted with that, it comes out when they get overly excited and their brain is moving faster than normal.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/73428538/astros-outfielder-george-springer-overcame-stutter

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

&nbsp;

Yes.

8. Buck Turgidson

Me too, hopefully it's more of a "Marisnick had a very good game" thing and less of a "Gomez aggravated his muscle when they made him dive back to first 23 times".

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

If you think that is really bad, then you haven't seen really bad.

Springer's is mild. Still heart-breaking to see though. I find myself rooting for him in interviews.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

11. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

I think it's definitely due to Gomez being hindered by injury. Hopefully he is healing fast and luckily Marisnick is not a bad plan B.

12. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

He also has a track record of falling all the way to the Sugarland Skeeters when his fastball lost velocity.

I'm ok with him starting and hoping the extra rest gets him back on track, but there is definitely cause for concern. I hate how much money he lost for himself in the last month so I'm really hoping he redeems himself to get it all back and then some!

13. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

OK thanks for the info guys. I wasn't sure if he was really nervous or if it was more than that. Sounds like he has a good perspective on it all. Somehow he just became even more likable to me.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I meant had as in past tense.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Hey Sugar Land had a great ensemble of quality starting pitchers: Clemens, Redding, Lane, and independent league ALL-STAR TRACY MCGRADY...

Coincidentally they have Matt Maloney (not that one).

16. Buck Turgidson

Oh, no doubt. I was just saying I hope he didn't make it worse last night, I was grimacing every time he dove back to 1st.

17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Man, I so agree with this. I have to work Monday and have tickets to the game. When I bought the tickets I never figured that the game would be at 12pm!!! Why do they do this?! This doesn't work for the fans.

Especially playoff games. Regular season no problem. Hoping it all works out into a SWEEP!

Does anybody know why they have these games at such weird times on weekdays?

18. the shark

the shark Member

LOVE Springer, and in my opinion, he's the heartbeat of this team.

Need to get Gomez healthy, however in order to do this it's going to take weeks to do so. Just going to have to play through it. it's one thing to run the bases, but swinging a bat with that injury is extremely painful from what I've been hearing.

It's also nice to see them playing well on the road again. Back in Apr/May we were road warriors (I think they were 15-8 at one point). They've now 2 of 3 @ Seattle, 2 of 3 @ AZ, beat the Yankees in NY, and won again last night. Six of eight with ALL of these games basically playoff games.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The only downer about mlb baseball playoffs is day games during the work week. I won't be able to see it live today but I'm glad at the very minimum they got the split.

20. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Got ya. Yeah I hope nothing has happened to take him off the path to recovery. We could really use him back asap.