1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Yankees vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2022.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

would be nice. But, something just feels different about this slump. Don’t know what it is. But I am seriously concerned it’s either an injury we don’t know about or it was a slump that is deep in his head now.

2. Marshall Bryant

It sure is nice knowing that we can win without him going off. But heaven help the team we are playing when he does.

3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports
    Supporting Member

His exit velocity was great last game multiple times. He squared it up - just bad luck.

4. Radricky

Radricky Member

This is the day altuve breaks out against Cole

Qan, Stephen66 and Marshall Bryant like this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Ehhh. He hit a few balls hard and on the ground this past game. Looks like we’re close to breaking out.

6. CinematicFusion

We held serve… now we need to steal one of these first two.
    Love to win the house money game against Cole.
    Guys will be loose and playing fun ball. Hopefully Javier isn’t too Rusty.
    Altuve and Alverez will break out tonight.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Javier plays his normal game and I like the Astros chances.

Gerrit Cole is a big name, but Javier's advanced stats suggest he is the far superior pitcher this year.

And this is what makes the Astros so good. There number 4 starter would be a 1/2 on most MLB teams.

8. Radricky

Radricky Member

Nothing would be sweeter than rocking Cole's affiliate of himself ass today.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I’m expecting the Stros to lose today but I’ll be happy to be wrong. The Yankees are fighting for their lives and will be very pumped playing at home. As much as I can’t stand them they are a good team and it’s going to be very hard to keep them down.

my own prediction is the Stros take one of three in the Bronx then we wrap it up at home.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

This is why it was crucial to get game 2. Getting a game in hand with a return to MMP is like playing with other house money. This series would be very different if we split at home.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Was watching a video from another talking head pointing out the Stros have no weaknesses in the pitching lineup. It’s not like other teams where you’re counting on getting to your ace to save a series. Any Stros pitcher can shut down the other team.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

If the Yankees lose today NY media is going to turn very hard against them. Cole might like the money but he’s obviously uncomfortable with how much scrutiny and fickleness the NY media has

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. crose

crose Member
    Supporting Member

If Javier can get through the first 25 pitches unscathed, he has a good chance of dominating them once again.

We have been getting contributions from unlikely sources thus far, so, if our normal horses can break out, we have a great opportunity to deliver a good ol’ fashioned ass whooping today!

14. Marshall Bryant

I understand being surprised none of the pitchers have taken themselves OUT of the rotation. Of course they have ups and downs, but we have seven pitchers which would start for almost every other team and that's after trading Odorizzi who would have made eight.

In case you're wondering:
    JV ACE
    Valdez ACE
    Javier 1/2 depending on team
    McCullers 1/2 depending on team
    Brown 3
    Garcia 3
    Urquidy 4

15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Hopefully Mancini(or hitting coach)fixed his swing. He said they were working on it. Diaz lost his shot at DH and I'm sure Mancini won't want to blow his 2nd chance and lose his spot to Hensley. I think he's going to get some hits. The question is, does he get the hits when it matters??

16. Marshall Bryant

Barring some incident or illness, Dusty has telegraphed his plan to start Mancini at DH with a short leash. What surprised me most is his support of Hensley and his approach to hitting.

I may be softening to Dusty, even though his regular season line-ups drive me crazy.

arabrocket and punkoholic like this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

Could I ask a favor of the IT types? I want to listen to the game on the net and normally I can just stream 790 or 740 and it does not present a problem. But it appears the priorities are all screwed up and they'd rather broadcast irrelevant games of any other team than Astros PLAYOFF BASEBALL. The stream for 740 did not swap over like the broadcast supposedly did. I heard a quick blurb on 790 talking about access to the playoff game, but did not catch the part about the alternative streaming of 740 for game 3.

I just need a link to the station that is going to stream Game 3.

18. Marshall Bryant

So far I like the way things are going. Just enough hot players in any one game to win, but not having everyone go hot and then cold in a game which gives us no chance.

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Imagine if Altuve, Alvarez, and Mancini all break out today. :eek:

20. Radricky

Radricky Member

Cole is due for a playoff stinker.
    No better day than today