1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Astros vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Wasn’t the first strike on Castro really a ball?

3. lastreg

lastreg Member

lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

To his credit, Joe Buck did say that the ump also missed R.Devers strike call in the 1st. He walked and Moancada hit his 2 run HR.

Patience, Squirtle and Tomstro like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, well, well...the Astros for 25 innings looked to have given up the ghost...until Jose broke the cherry. Then the floodgates finally opened with the crooked number. Through 4 games we've gotten 6 innings from our starters, yet are sitting at 2-2...with momentum. Hats off to the bullpen for a superior job, especially Javier.(just nails) And, I don't want to hear any crying from the Red Sox about getting squeezed as it's been happening to us all series.(all year for that matter) Great to see Castro come through, after coming up with us, and suffering the knee injuries. Framber needs to give us a quality start today...6 - 7 innings. Otherwise, we're going to see a football score. That said, with the bats alive and kicking, I like our chances. Again, there was a massive momentum shift for the series in the eighth and ninth. Time to rake! Go Astros!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really want us to get out early on them......punch them in the mouth.

ESPN being in Connecticut is very pro sox...it is annoying.

DD

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yup. So technically it shouldn’t have even been a two strike count. Did the media mention that Castro got screwed earlier in the same at bat? No.

bcast89 likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

After Castro got out to end top of 7th, I turned it off and watched “La Brea” on the DVR. A ways through, I checked here for an update and missed the Altuve HR update to tie it. So, I thought was was still 2 - 1. I went back to watching “Brea”. A little later, I was checking the score and my phone died before I could see it. So, I went about charging my phone. I finally decided to just quick check the game on TV and saw it was 3 - 2 with runners on first and second.

I was in shock. I then rewound the game back to the top of the 8th and Altuve instantly hit that HR. Then, I watched the game to catch up and the top of the ninth I was just hooting and hollering!

Marshall Bryant, AB and Squirtle like this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Why anyone on here gives Passan clicks is beyond me.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

We'll also give you a heads up if we make it to the World Series so you can move out into the wilderness where there is no cell phone coverage. :p

11. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who was the poster that posted a video interview of him talking about how he had to report the cheating scandal so biasedly the way he did and that, that video made him actually like passan after? lulz **** pissant

Rock Block and King1 like this.
  13. Surfguy

I’m fine with giving Eovaldi that strike 3 call on Castro in the ninth inning as long as they give Greinke that strike 3 call in the first inning. Then, we would have won the game 2 - 0 right?

I’ve seen like one article mention the Greinke missed strike call that led to the 2 run Boston HR. Most articles only mention the Eovaldi one. Fair?

Did anyone mention this to Cora that motherf@cker while he was running his mouth about it that piss-ant b*stard?!

#5393 Surfguy, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This will be mute just like that a-hole from the White Sox (what the **** was his name?). It'll be a distant memory once we reach the World Series.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And said score that led to 2 runs was also because the Sox benefitted from a bad call...

16. Surfguy

Is there a way they can project a holographic box for the ump and pitcher to utilize when calling and throwing pitches? It’s a compromise from going full robot ump. :)

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't remember the poster but I recall the video. That's why I rarely click on any of that. It's been 4 years and they still do everything to discredit Houston. As long as we keep winning It's cool. I will say there was some Boston fans right next to us for games 1 and 2 and they were super cool.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

From a big picture standpoint, anything that will advance the progress of robo-umps is a good thing. I just chuckle at their whining.

19. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Was just gonna type this. That missed call, followed up by the HR, plus 2 more hitters reaching (I think) added about 15-18 pitches to Zack's pitch count in the first inning. If called correctly, maybe we get an extra inning from Zack? We'll never know.

Why isn't Passan crying about that? I think I know the answer.

desihooper and Nook like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I really bet Passan had another column all ready to go if the Red Sox won another dramatic game... maybe it was Cora centric, maybe it was about Chaim Bloom and some of the flyers he took that turned into contributors, maybe it was simply just one big Boston jerk off...

But that all went to shreds after Castro got that hit. And he needed something else to write about.

desihooper, BigM, Rock Block and 3 others like this.