1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I understand that. Essentially, losing a football game is equivalent to a 10 game losing streak in baseball.

In a normal year, I want them to go back to the old playoff format and lose the extra inning rule but if they do keep it, start it in the 13th or later.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. marks0223

Supporting Member

4. youknowme

youknowme Member

How the heck is Bregman still hitting ahead of Tucker???? Hope he proves me wrong.....

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That Tucker/Yuli/Reddick pocket is just screaming out for a LHP, so hopefully, they Rays will bring in a lefty to face Tucker, and he'd have to stay in the game for the Reddick slot so Dusty can pinch hit Diaz there.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Morton’s curveball is murder on lefties. And he has high fastball velo. I’m almost certain this is analytics and I don’t think they’re wrong.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Diaz' antics last night were still one of the weirdest things I have ever seen on a baseball field. Re-watching highlights now... literally stares him down with a death stare after striking out the first AB, Framber appears to be walking away not saying anything. Okay moving on, then damn near charges the mound in the next AB pointing and yelling profanities in Spanish. Framber didn't do anything except throw him the same pitch that he struck out on before.

Okay so I get you are trying to "fire your team up"...by screaming at a pitcher bc he threw a pitch you knew you couldn't hit, so you're pissed he didn't "challenge" you with a fastball, bc you know, that's the pitch you wanted?

EDIT: I was wrong, it was the third AB when Diaz lost his mind. The second AB Framber did throw you that fastball you so desperately wanted. You took a huge hack and hit it 12 feet, so there's that. What a clown.

The dude made a scene bc a pitcher didn't throw him the pitch he wanted. This isn't batting practice jackass, and if you thought that was going to rattle one of the most talented young pitchers in the game, then go suck a dick. By the way Diaz, it didn't fire your team up, it fired up the Astros. So I guess, thanks?

Would not be surprised to see that clown playing on the Dodgers in a few years. He would fit in perfectly well with that clubhouse. They wouldn't even have to teach him their culture of entitlement.

That being said, let's please shut him up again tonight, let's get the bats going early and explode. Love you CFM, but not today. Let's Go Astros. Good Vibes.

8. awc713

awc713 Member

That’s a damn beautiful lineup.

Love DHing Brantley and having Reddick in the field. Defense is going to be crucial. Also glad it’s a late game/no mid-day BS shading issues.

I trust this lineup more than anyone. Hopefully they’re seeing the ball well tonight, and hopefully we can put up some crooked numbers. Really hope Lance is ******* nasty. SIUEFA time. Time to step on their throats, let’s get this W ClutchFans!! Htown vs. everybody

joshuaao and Rock Block like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Speaking of Earl Weaver...this always makes me laugh and gets me a little pumped up.

And yes, he made the HOF.

10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

That was a total douche move by Díaz but he is hitting .125 and is a career .175 post season player so I get why he’s got his panties in a wad.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

12. Buck Turgidson

If you like baseball, you can watch almost any game, on any level, and be entertained. If you don't, then you can't. Other sports are not like that to me.

AznH-TownFan, bobrek and Plowman like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Same as I said in the first series regarding Altuve. Bregman is one of your studs and you ride your studs to the end.

#5213 mikol13, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Woulda been so sweet if Framber wouldve dotted that in the lower corner like he was doing all night and diaz got his ass rung up.

Rock Block likes this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Is the world ending? or is the team just making the enemies Jump on the bandwagon?

16. marks0223

Supporting Member

mikol13 likes this.
  17. marks0223

Supporting Member

18. Major

Major Member

I dunno - I tend to think I like baseball, but I find regular reason games mindnumblingly boring due to the sheer amount of time where nothing at all is happening (between pitches, etc) and the simple fact that I ultimately don't care what happens.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Major

Major Member

According to Correa, that's not what happened. He went to Diaz and told him he'd take care of it, and he essentially told Framber to stop doing whatever he was doing and just pitch, so it seems there's more to the story.

Here's a bit of an explanation from the Chronicle:

“We just let ourselves get caught up in the adrenaline, and a couple of words were exchanged. Nothing serious,” Valdez said after the Astros won 7-4 to force a seventh game in the American League Championship Series. “It’s something that happens between players, and it gets heated. You can let that get you unfocused, but then you have to get refocused, which is what I did.”

Correa said he told Valdez: “Your job is not to go out and be the bigger man. Your job is to help us win the ballgame, and you’re not going to help us if you’re distracted. Just focus, give me a ground-ball double play, and let’s get out of the inning. And he did.”

Correa speculated that Valdez’s habit of smiling on the mound might have irked Diaz, and Valdez acknowledged that possibility.

“I’ve always had that habit. It’s my way of staying loose, my way of having fun and not getting too tight,” he said. “I’ll admit that sometimes the batters take it personally. They think I’m laughing at them, but it’s not that at all.”

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Why did we let Collin go...?