1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Killed me

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Sorry...I just thought Pressly was going to do us in again.

everyday eddie likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Full 4 days rest. He pitched 2 innings on 2 days rest Friday.

4. dannah

dannah Member

Unless he just wants to go just to stop hearing about trashcans...

Nook likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

At least he didn’t call him a “gook” like another poster. Not entirely sure why everyone is cool with racism against Asians..

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Great job for the stros to stay alive. Greinke lasting 6 to my surprise. Javier doing what he does and got his 6 outs following. Pressly, well wasnt pretty at all but it got the W.

Onto game 5

Nook likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

he’s a Northerner. I expect him to sign with a NY team or Boston

8. conquistador#11

Jose needs another game like tonight, tomorrow, to make up for the errors. But what playoff Jose, Playoff Jorge and Playoff Carlos are doing is simply special. Pujols was 34 when he hit his 19th playoff HR in 16 series. Altuve and Springer 30 in 13 series. Trout still has less than 1.what are you gonna do?

Another day of baseball:

[​IMG]

everyday eddie and Nook like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

only thing he hit was cigs and the bathroom.

ps: Anal fissures

10. dannah

dannah Member

4 double plays in 1 game...that's tough...we still outhit the rays and found a way to win

11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

What summed it up for me was TB hits one off Javier...bounces towards 3rd and is a hit...we send one off their pitcher, it bounces off towards 1st and is an out.

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A few of those were first pitch swinging soul crushers too.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I like all sorts of pastimes, but for my money, leaving Greinke in as the bases filled in the bottom of the 6th, and then getting the inning-ending strikeout? That's high quality entertainment, even with an empty stadium. The broadcast team did a hell of a job describing the moment and building the suspense, as well.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I am not saying he will be back, just the odds are better than in the past.

Personally I think they will make another run at Starling Marte to play centerfield and use the difference in money on pitching or a bat if Brantley is too expensive.

15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Hopefully they keep winning. I'm superstitious and although it wasn't a playoff beard I had my beard grown out the longest in my life. I'm Asian so it wasn't a proper beard and it looked disgusting. I ended up shaving before the game today hoping it would change their luck.

Rock Block and Nook like this.
  16. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BigM and Surfguy like this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

And there is even more "luck" involved this year compared to other years with this crazy no off days schedule. If we win tomorrow and the pressure is going to be on this young Rays team not to choke and they'll be going against one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last month.

After winning three games on the road last year in the WS, losing 3 in a row against NY and coming back home to win 2 in 2017 and winning the crazy games in LA (games 2 and 5), I've learned to never count this team out until the last out is made. That's what makes this team so special - not only do the never quit, they truly think they are going to win every game.

That said, if we do pull off a miracle, that decision to leave Greinke in is going to be a 30 for 30 type moment that will never be forgotten...

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It felt like it took everything we had just to win this one game.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That’s simply not true. 2021 is still expensive, but the Astros have only $37 million in payroll obligations for the 2022 season. After this season and next, the Astros lose $165 million in payroll, and they have few players that are arbitration eligible. Valdez is in year 1 in 2022, Diaz is in year 3 and can be traded or non tendered, and James is in year 1 (another trade/non-tender candidate). The Astros have three-fifths of their starting rotation on pre-arbitration salaries, and the same is true for Paredes and Taylor.

These are all the current salaries that come off the books in that time frame: (Springer - 21, Brantley - 16, Reddick - 13, Osuna - 10, Peacock - 3.9, Devenski - 2, Verlander - 33 million, Greinke - 32 million, Pressly - 8.75, Gurriel - 6.5, Smith - 4, Correa - 8, McCullers - 4, Maldonado - 3.5)