1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] AFC & NFC Championship Games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sajan, Jan 13, 2013.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want the patriots to lose...that's all I got at this point.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Rooting for the ELITE qb...

Sigh

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm a Houston Texans fan, and I could not care less what happens with the rest of the NFL postseason.

1 person likes this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I can't help but be jealous of the Niners. Both the Texans and the Niners broke out last season after a mediocre/bad season in 2010-2011. Coming into this season they were both teams on the rise but down the line the Texans epically faltered after a loss to the Pats and our QB was shown to be a primetime choker on the decline. The Niners took a risk with a sophomore QB who turned to be a hidden gem on the rise and beat the Pats handedly. They get the bye while the Texans choked theirs away. Kaepernick puts on an all-time performance in the playoffs against a big-time conference rival with a great QB in Rodgers and advance to the conference championship game while Schaub chokes once again and proves he is unable to rise to the occasion. Both defenses were highly touted coming into this season and the Niners showed theirs were legit, even against the elite teams, beating both the Pats and Packers while our D gets dominated by both, allowing 40+ pts 3 times to those teams. They are considered the most complete all-around team while ours has question marks all over. They're future looks bright..and we're stuck with the stiff duo of Kubiak and Schaub for at least the next 3 years..

5. likestohypeguy

Flacco?

6. likestohypeguy

A REAL Houston Texans fan wouldn't even watch the sb!

:mad:

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

huh? they drafted colin in 2011, by that time, smith was called a bust, and people thought that they were going to cut smith, or that smith was going to be the backup.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Niners, best team in football.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Making my picks:

Patriots beat the Ravens pretty easily. Brady abuses the secondary. Flacco presses trying to catch up and makes classic Flolacco throws.

Falcons beat the 49ers despite a solid performance from their D. Kaepernick forced to throw because of the zone, makes some bad reads and turns the ball over too many times.

Superbowl:

Patriots beat the Falcons and my hatred of them grows even further.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I doubt seriously that I will sit down to watch it. I may turn it on to check in and see what's going on...but I have zero desire to sit down and watch the Super Bowl this season. Haven't felt that way since the Oilers were bounced out of the playoffs disappointingly in years past.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I hope the Ravens win so that they'll be forced to re-sign Flacco.

12. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

49ers vs Patriots and Brady losses again and Gisele goes postal again...that's entertainment....

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

#BREAKING: #SFPD says #49er wide receiver #MichaelCrabtree is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault

lol Crabtree. Nice timing.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This could be a huge distraction for the 49ers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...rancisco-49ers-questioned-sexual-assault-case

Police question Michael Crabtree

SAN FRANCISCO -- Police in San Francisco say they're investigating a sexual assault allegation involving 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree.

Police said in a statement released Friday night that the alleged assault occurred in a city hotel room early Sunday after the 49ers' playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers.

The statement says Crabtree has been interviewed with his attorney present and has cooperated with the probe. The receiver hasn't been detained or arrested, and agreed to be available for further questions in the future.

Authorities didn't release any further details.

"We are aware of the allegation against Michael and understand that he has fully cooperated with authorities," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. "The 49ers take such matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing. Additional requests for comment should be directed to Michael's attorney."

San Francisco is preparing to play the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Hate to break it to you Donny, but 9ers are beating the Falcons. Harbaugh will hammer home the point that they lost last year in the NFC title game.

Who has it better than us????

NOOOOBODY!!

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep, I think the Falcons might hit a deep ball or two but the Niners are way more physical than Atlanta. You could see how Seattle started slapping Atlanta around once they woke up and I think the Niners will do the same. A Seattle vs Niners rematch would have been an epic slugfest. They were the two most physical teams in football that I saw.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think it might be closer than people think.

Regardless, if the Ravens beat the Pats, they're taking the whole thing. Ray Lewis isn't going to let anyone from the NFC stop him from getting another ring before he's done.

18. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

IDC who wins and goes to the Superbowl, I just want to see Beyonce perform. :cool:

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

My head says 49ers, but my heart says Falcons.

I don't trust Kaepernick.

If the 49ers win, it will be because Frank Gore goes bananas and that defense crushes Matt Ryan's dopey face into a bloody pulp.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pats over Ravens.....Falcons over 49ers.

Pats Champs...

Don't really care....