1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Official] 49ers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

yeah, maybe - MO, it's a young team that has repeatedly shown a propensity for getting caught looking in the mirror, so to speak, a little too often. i'm not sure a) it'd happen with a more veteran team; b) how much a coach can effectively combat it regardless, but moreso with a younger team.

my observation is that the players, by and large, seem to really like kubiak; and they seem to respond to him well - they usually rebound well, take to adjustments well, etc. and i have to assume kubiak is smart enough to preach complacency. so if its not getting through, but everything else seems to... i just find that hard to pin on the coach.

but... i'm not in the locker room so who knows? i'm VERY interested to see how they come out sunday. dare i say it, biggest game in franchise history. and if they win, it certainly won't be the last one this year.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

2007, yeah.

and yep i believe it is only th second time in franchise history they'd be 2 games + 500. pretty monumental game. (and a sad commentary on 2002-2008).

and don't forget: schaub will be making his 32nd start this sunday - he's just now reaching, in essence, the end of his second year as a starter. point of comparison, last year's ROY, matt ryan, will be making his 23rd start this weekend (actually, they may be off, but - you get my point).

it's a VERY young, inexperienced team. that's why, while somewhat silly, it IS important to break things down, such as, "the defense is playing well EXCEPT for these three plays;" or, "we're two yards away from this possibly being a VASTLY different season."

it's not to make excuses or pretend the team is something that it's not; it's to try and measure just how far they have or haven't progressed. they've been blown out once. otherwise, they were capable of winning their other 6 games. as they get more experience, i think they'll win jacksonville and maybe arizona-like games and they'll learn to turn a 21-0 game into a 35-10 win.

until then, we're in total, "enjoy the ride" territory. i think this team is sooooooooo close to turning it on. and man, if they play well in buffalo and head to indy 5-3... the 2009 football just. got. interesting.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

definitely! looking forward to it!

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

Weird league.

5. Jordan 18

Jordan 18 Member

Some pics i took

[​IMG]

6. Jordan 18

Jordan 18 Member