1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2024 NBA draft board.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Castian Crew, Feb 26, 2024.

?

Who do we pick in the 5th pick and up range

1. Tidjane Salaun

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Matas Buzelis

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Ja'Kobe Walker

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Yves Missi

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  6. Reed Shephard

47 vote(s)
    66.2%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's impossible there isn't one. They just need to do a great job scouting. Even 2020 class had Ant, Lamelo and Haliburton.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Is Djurisic going to be a lottery pick? A tough 6'8" wing who can shoot the ball would be another nice addition. If so, moving down to 5 from 3 and acquiring him plus Stewart doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

#62 saleem, May 18, 2024
    Last edited: May 18, 2024
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sorry we’re in the reeds now. No going back

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

He's probably a 2nd rd pick. IIRC he played in the scrimmages and did ok, but you usually don't play in those unless you're a fringe guy.

roslolian likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for letting me know that.

RC Cola likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He won't be a role player, at least not after 2 years.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I highly doubt he'll be more than a role player with his measurables.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

"Only 8 players are shorter than him"

Not sure why you need that spelled out. He will basically need to be the next Steph Curry to justify that top 3 pick and being the second shooting goat are not good odds.

Meanwhile, Risacher just scored 28 pts and 6 rebs helping his team win their playoff game in the Euroleague. Risacher doesn't need to shoot like Steph Curry because at 6'9 he can contribute at other areas like defense and rebounding on top of his shooting. Shooting 36% from Risacher is a lot more reasonable than needing to shoot 42% for Sheppard.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfe...tock-away-from-nba-draft-combine-01hy708qvwq3

#71 roslolian, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
  12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He is a bit small with limited reach - his combine results were impressive in terms of athleticism but with longer more versatile players in the league today - I’m not sure if he going to break through as anything more than a role player….but to @roslolian point - I think that’s just where we are with this draft - not a lot of stars but a lot of potential serviceable role players. I like Reed btw - just think maybe Houston needs to hit to get on base rather than swinging for a home run in this draft. I wouldn’t take too much of a project at the 3rd pick but certainly this is a year where Houston could afford to do that - but much later in the draft so if we want to do that we should trade down.

Dobbizzle and No Worries like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

My opinion is if we are getting a role player anyway we should get someone with star upside. If that guy turns into a role player he won't be much different from Reed Sheppard so we didn't really lose anything.

And maybe RS does become the next Steph Curry but that's such a long shot lol. RS wasn't breaking down opponents to get his shot off like Steph RS was strictly an off the ball shooter getting the ball from Rob Dillingham or others and then either making connection passes or shooting open 3s. That's basically the role we expect from Risacher as well except Risacher is 6'9 instead of 6'1.75.

#73 roslolian, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
    glimmertwins likes this.
  14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I mean I hear you but the worst case scenario is we draft a guy who has no value after his rookie deal ends. I think the trick is -at least playable enough with one legit NBA skill mixed with some upside. It’s just sad these are the conversations we are having about the third pick.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

With the equal levels of talent, this may be the most unpredictable draft ever. I can see every pick being one of those "They picked WHO?!!" type moments to the point that I could see Sarr still being on the board with the 3rd pick.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Hey Risacher looks good.

Just posting Reeds combine results.

Speak for themselves.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’ll be happy if one of Reed or Risachere are available at 3 - basically guaranteed. If not … draft Sarr.

I’d be VERY interested to see what happens if both are available … and obviously other players.

also very curious to start to hear about who comes in for workouts, when, how they do, and what any insiders are saying about which way the team is leaning.

recall we had pretty clear indication each of the last 3 drafts who their top target was very early on.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Hell no to Bronny and LeBitch.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Listen, I 100% agree the likelihood that he's the next Curry is nearly 0. We are talking about probably the greatest shooter of all-time. BUT, in fairness, to Reed, Curry was 1.) At Davidson. They weren't exactly loaded with talent the way Kentucky is. and 2.) Curry was a three year college player. Reed is a one and done. Who knows what his role would have been in year 3.