1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] 2021 free agency news thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Would we want Markannen if he would take the full MLE? Addresses shooting and maybe some untapped potential or future trade value.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

at this point it’s be insane to signs other guard even with the idea of flipping him for a pick. You’d have to play him - whomever it is - to increase his value.

it’s too bad Oubre basically ranked his value last year otherwise I’d be down for that. SF is still the spot they’re weakest at…. But they certainly don’t need an Oubre.

Reggie Jackson is the most surprising one. He was really good in the playoffs

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't think so. Floor spacing seems like his only positive attribute. Wouldn't want to be stuck with his contract when the other rocket bigs outplay him and he rots on the bench.

The only big names that look worthy of dipping significantly into the MLE are Oubre and Hart. Is Oubre even really that much better than House, shennanigans aside?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Wrong Ben. (@BenMcLemore)

Does this mean that Harden is not working out with Gerald Green right now?

Edit: he is, fake Ben McLemore did not lie…about that.

#324 mikenm268, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

D-rock likes this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

harden closer to westbrick. yea lets compare one of the most effiecent volume scorers of the modern era to a historic brick layer like westbrick

check basketball reference and look at similarity scores. BB ref has harden ranked above curry

harden has never missed the playoffs in his career, curry has missed the playoffs 5 times.. both were drafted in 2009.

hakeem94, D-rock, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  7. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Huh? In that Harden would be at the top of the ‘ability to carry a team’ rankings, with Westbrook second, and Curry last?

If we start hypothetical franchises, no markets, owners, lux taxes, Klays, Drays, or KDs, just equal footing, the Harden team destroys the Curry team in a seven game series 10 times out of 10.

I get that Harden bailed on us in kind of a shitty way, but come on people…

peleincubus, D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

With the Bulls spending like drunken sailors [to lose in the first round], do we test their resolve and throw the full NT-MLE at Markkanen and see if they match?

We know this strategy wouldn’t work with Atlanta and John Collins, but with Chicago and Markkanen it feels different.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Pretty confident the Bulls wouldn’t match. He has been very up and down in Chicago and is considered moody and gives inconsistent effort.

jcmoon, D-rock and baller4life315 like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nope :

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dang

sirjesse likes this.
  12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I would probably just save the cash….but Markkanen at the MLE may be a worthwhile flyer. He is probably the only one left on Mark’s list I would throw it at.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how is reggie jackson not signed yet..i thought plenty of teams will be fooled by his playoffs and someone would give him a huge contract?!

Dobbizzle, jcmoon and don grahamleone like this.
  14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I love the idea of signing Markannen, just because I think Houston should be in strained asset acquisition mode, but I’m not sure how he fits. Likely not the best next to Wood since his defense is rough, so do you bring him off the bench? If he does, then how do Usman & Sengun get any solid development minutes? At this point, I think we likely don’t make any moves unless you can sign a vet or a guy like Winslow to the min.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

A Nun and a Monk move to Hollywood. The jokes write themselves…

D-rock likes this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nice imagination. In truth, we won nothing with Harden. Harden's won nothing. He puts up big numbers, that's it. You can postulate as much as you want, that's all hypothetical. In the REAL WORLD, Harden and Westbrook are at about the same level of success. Curry obliterates them both. Stop deluding yourself with fantasies, Harden didn't achieve the things you're making up in your head.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Zach Lowe: “Pelicans have to be one of the big losers in FA. Gave up 2 picks to not get Lowry. Traded a 1st round pick + Lonzo for Graham, Satoransky, and Temple. To give up 3 picks and lose the best player in Lonzo… boy oh boy… it’s hard to look at this series of events and feel good about NOLA.”

D-rock, BossHogg713 and ElPigto like this.
  18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I'm not following, how did they "give up 2 picks to not get Lowry"?

#338 jakedasnake, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  19. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Zion is on his way out.

Reeko likes this.
  20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member