1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2013 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by ivenovember, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Looks like im going 6/6 in week 1 which has supriesed the hell out of me

only tight matches are:
    i need Desean Jackson to score more than 7.3
    McCoy and texas defence needs to outscore Morris (phili) and Matthews (chargers) by 10.1

great start to the season

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Someone in my league had Kap, Victor Cruz, AJ Green and Vernon Davis. He killed.

3. Voice of Aus

someone in my league had PEYTON!!!! How unfair is that lol

4. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome, awesome week 1.

Got some solid advice in here which led me to 149 pts (with Foster & Tate left to play tomorrow).

A. Luck - 29 pts
    AJ Green - 37 pts
    V. Cruz - 36 pts
    R. Cobb - 18 pts
    J. Graham - 11 pts
    P. Dawson - 9 pts
    Seattle D - 9 pts

Need about 20 pts from Foster/Tate tomorrow to set a personal all-time best.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm down by 12 and have OD and Randy Bullock tomorrow... will I win?

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Your never going to want to start Big-Ben over Luck anyways and Big-Ben is pretty mediocre fantasy wise. Nobody should be starting him.

Pryor on the other hand, could break out as another one of these rushing fantasy QB monsters. Then you have him or Luck as trade bait.

And why would you want to cut Spiller??? The reason you can't is because he is too good, and therefore on the can't cut list.

7. Voice of Aus

Terrelle Pryor or Sam Bradford to be my backup behind kap?

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

ye$.

im down -11 + I need for 11.5 points from either Foster OR Tate against Chargers tomorrow.

With the news that the carries are right down middle 50-50 split per Kubiak who is worried about AF workload since he missed preseason.

Im thinking Tate should be able to get dozen PPR points right but who is the "safer" pick at this point if you had to make call between the two?

9. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Hard not to go with Pryor and the upside. I just don't see Bradford ever being a top 20 fantasy QB. Pryor can get into the top 12 if things go really well (with his feet mainly). But be prepared for a game where Pryor scores 4 fantasy points or something, could happen.

10. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Wow, this is a really tough call.
    Foster if he plays would be the "logical" choice.
    But, Tate will get carries throughout the game and, I don't know the stats or anything, but feel like he catches more passes (helps your PPR). If the Texans are up decently, I expect Foster to sit and Tate to get a lot more carries. But if the game stays close, Foster should stay in if healthy.

Personally, I would lean towards Tate since you only need 12 pts, but it is very close and don't hate me if I'm wrong. Try to read more on the injury reports today.

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I'd play Tate. Texans D handles Rivers. They get up big.

Foster rests and Tate gets the majority of touches.

I think regardless of a tight game or a blow out, I still would trust Tate more at this point.

Why overwork Foster in the first game of the season on the road against the Chargers? A team they won't need Foster to win.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yep, tough call. It's probably going to be a gametime decision for you, so get as many updates as you can. But I feel like Foster is more likely to score a touchdown then Tate is if Foster plays.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Bradford for obvious reasons.

I think that offense under Jeff Fisher will excel.

14. AB423

AB423 Member

Good luck to you but I hope Foster doesn't have a good game because I'm up 13 points and my opponent has him.

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

Which of these waiver wire pick-ups would you choose?

TE
    Jared Cook
    Julius Thomas

WR
    Julian Edelman
    Brian Hartline
    Jerome Simpson
    Andre Roberts
    Rod Streater
    Doug Baldwin

16. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I'd go with TE Cook unless you already have another stud like Graham or Vernon Davis.

Tannehill seems to be locked in on Hartline so I'd go with him or Edelman if you're thin at WR.

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

Thanks.

I was thinking Cook -- he could have had 3 touchdowns yesterday (he fumbled as he was crossing into the end zone). But all the buzz is around Julius Thomas..

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Sure.

Thomas is deserving of the buzz but Peyton's got tons of weapons and loves to spread it around--especially in the red zone.

Cook is, by far, Sam Bradford's best target. He'll get you tons of yards as well as red zone targets. He's a monster. Take him and don't look back.

19. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Cook will be solid throughout the season, I think Thomas has the higher upside. I personally believe that Thomas will score more points than Cook (if neither get injured) but Cook will have a more consistent point total week to week. You also did not mention your scoring system but I feel Cook would benefit a little more from a PPR with the consistent targets.

WR: Hartline is solid but I wouldn't overreact to this week's performance, he had a great matchup. Edelman gets a nudge with Vereens injury today as he'll be out a few weeks. I would keep an eye out on Simpson/Roberts/Streater but wouldn't jump on them this week. Don't get Baldwin, I don't see long term value and when Percy comes back, he's practically useless. Only pick him up if you want to start him that week (for a certain matchup), otherwise the others are better long term plays.

20. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

What if I go with Tate, still good luck?