1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2012 Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 6, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Felix had no business running the 100. Maybe it helps her prepare for the 200, but she can't start well enough to compete with them.

LOL....i saw that and couldn't believe he nearly rested his head right on it...what are the odds?

spanish channel...

Yeah it was weird, but he looked like he was ready to cry. I think he just couldn't gather his thoughts in time and decided to cut it short.

I would LOVE to see Tyson Gay pull it off...i don't think anyone else leaves it ll on the track every time like he does...but coming off surgery and going up against bigger runners may be too much to overcome. However, i don't think anyone else wants it as badly as he does, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him get silver and come very close to gold.

It should include Blake, Bolt, Gatlin, Gay, Powell...that's going to be nuts. I'm not sure Bolt is in top form...

Blake...Bolt....Gatlin/gay

That's my "educated" guess, but i hope it's Gay...Gatlin...blake/bolt.

#1001 RV6, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Don't think Gay stands a chance, he looked to give 100% many times this season and never ran faster than 9.86. Think his best will be 9.75 or something like that in the Final. Bolt, Blake, Gatlin look much fitter at this time. Maybe he will surprise me in the semis, we'll see.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of the female pole vaulters are hawt and all of the female discuss throwers are scary looking.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That discuss thrower from Croatia had some monster thighs. She was a beast.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i know it happened more than a day ago, but i really liked nbc's piece on kerri strug yesterday. at first i thought "not another magnificent 7 piece", but it ended up being really good. i didn't know she practically broke her back 2 years before the olympics. and i never remembered her ankle injury being so significant. i thought it was just a sprained ankle, not a career-ender. pretty crazy to simultaneously suffer a career-ending injury while coming through with one of the more incredible olympic moments ever.

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

[​IMG]

This is America folks!

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

More like globalized, tolerant world without borders. ;)
    Love pictures like these that show where we are heading to in the future.

8. VanityHalfBlack

So, they're not American???

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes they are, but it shows that roots shouldn't divide us. When did I say they're not American? :confused:

Just felt like the poster wanted to point out that people from different ethnicity and backgrounds can accomplish wonderful things together.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Men's team foil Germany vs. Japan is crazy, ET after 9 periods and 40:40.

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Murray looking like he won't be denied today.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Fed is playing like crap.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

anybody know if there is a provision in place for the tennis reschedule today?

for those who didn't hear, murray is in mixed doubles finals, which was supposed to precede the men's finals, and women's doubles was supposed to follow it. they swapped them around, to benefit murray.

seems completely unfair to me, but maybe that's just my bitterness as a fed fan.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

he's already in "win in 5" mode.

#fedfaninpossibledenial

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If Murray losses that would be like nick missing 4 fts.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I dunno, even though it seems weird to switch around the schedule, I feel like they would've done it for anybody else. Singles should always precede doubles if the player is in both.

And Fed has been playing awful this whole Olympics.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

i disagree. coming back down 2 sets isn't that much of a rarity in tennis, and fed is getting gobs of break points. just has to start converting a few.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

why? nobody forced murray to play in doubles, and who is the IIOC to decide which gold medal carries more weight? to be honest, the other way around makes more sense to me, because he has a teammate who he is unfairly affecting.

as i said though, this is all a moot point if there was already a provision in place. my hunch is that there wasn't though.

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

why benefit murray? if at all, it would benefit federer if the sked was not "switched", isnt it? but since it was "switched", then they play on equal footing.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Nobody did, but everyone would much rather see a great singles finals than a doubles finals.

Once the player is done with singles, he gets a rest and plays in the doubles. The partner can pick up the slack, too. The converse is true, too, but it's better to be fresh for than singles match than for the doubles.

I've never seen Fed play this awfully. He looks uninspired. Maybe the Del Po match took a lot out of him, but it was just like playing a 5-setter semifinals in any other Grand Slam. And it's not age, either. It was only a month ago when he owned Murray in Wimbledon. It just seems like Fed doesn't want it.