1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2012 Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Look I don't give 2 cents about you guys that believe that Olympics are a clean event. You may call it retarted to say that the majority is doped, problem is rest of the world believes it and many ex-athletes admitted it, tons are getting caught and there are e-mails between top athletes and doctors that basically prove doping transactions, but you can't prove them guilty because it's just a text message with no material evidence of the athlete using the drug.

Have fun laughing at me for my statements, but I honestly think you guys live in a fake world and believe all the lies you're hearing. How many crimes are not punished because of this bone-headed "innocent until proven guilty" way of thinking, even if all the evidence smashes into your faces?

Are all the ex-athletes, caught athletes, open secrets, e-mails, credible sources that say it not enough, what more has to happen before you kids believe it?

If you don't respect me because of my sentiments on this topic then so be it, because it's the shameful truth and you are the guys getting fooled by a system of manipulation and cheating.

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I'm just going to leave this here, wanna make sure people see this. Our innocent until proven guilty system is stupid...ok.

You keep claiming that there is this mountain of irrefutable evidence, WHIP IT OUT. If I am really naive, I would in all honestly like to be educated on the subject, so do it!

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

1st) You left out the "even if the evidence smashes into your faces" part which puts my quote into context, see the OJ Simpson case and other cases where everyone knows who did the crime but there's not the missing key evidence.

2nd) Google it, I won't post thousands of pages here, it's easily accessible for all doubters. If you guys are too lazy to research then it's not my job to provide sources, because I'm not the one with the questionable believes in this topic. I sometimes believe some of you guys don't know how the top sport associations work and support their athletes to the fullest, just for pride and prestige.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How many people are wrongly convicted because they weren't given a fair trail and due process?

I think it's wrong to assume that everyone is cheating just because some are...and quite offensive to the athletes that play right. Yes there are some who play by the rules (just like they are those who don't). So let's enjoy the Olympics and the beauty that is sport...without wondering which athletes are doping.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This feels like a "who's more naive" contest, I'm leavin this.

A few minutes of research will open your eyes and maybe you'll see the truth.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's why I say majority and said especially track, swimming and sports where pure strength is needed. God no, I don't think everyone is doped or cheats, but the top tier is head-deep into doping.

I'm a big fan of the Olympics, watch all Diamond League meetings and idolize some of these guys. But saying they're clean because they are not tested positive is plain naive.

7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

99% I disagree! :mad: :mad:

Regards,

Yung F

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Educated, thanks for the great input.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This should /discussion.

Throughout the entire debate, and no doubt Yung-T's own habit as well on a regular basis. His entire argument rests on one thing and one thing only:

"Here is my point, YOU find the evidence that supports it. It's everywhere, I'm not going to find it, YOU find it".

Furthermore, he uses one of the most known logical fallacies in an attempt to defend his point, also known as the "No true Scotsman". Where he attempts to infer that the general population agrees with him, even though this current one doesn't.

Next, he uses the infamous "Don't reply me anymore, I'm done and I win. You are just a hater and you hate me because I'm all for equal rights and you want to enslave Africans". Also known as the, cover your ears, yell out words, then strawman your way out of it by making ridiculous accusations that nobody ever once said".

Yung-T, the walking logical fallacy.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Like I said, there are tons of articles on this subject and I won't waste my time trying to educate people that I believe lost touch with reality and don't know how the real world works.

The general population agrees, you think 4-5 CF members here that say I'm wrong gonna change anything into your favour?

I'm the one that doesn't cover his ears and replies to everything while someone like you never touches the subject(because it's quite obvious you don't know anything about professionakl sports, doping and what athletes and experts say about this) and just observes my argumentation style instead of actually talking about the topic. If you don't know this topic then don't say things that are not in context. Saying "Embarassing" when someone says the majority of world class athletes is doped, then you're the fool that's out of touch with reality.

I never see you argue with your own points, you just attackin me and make remarks about my posts, while you not adding anything to the subject.

You're so naive it's laughable, but I'm okay if you think you have the upper hand. I'm leavin this thread until you guys are back on track.

I expected someone like you to be intelligent and know what's going on in professional sports and organizations with power and money, but you're looking like a child.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that was 4 posts ago. please move this discussion to the D&D and let this thread continue sans further doping posts...thx

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Men's 100m, 400m elimination rounds and 1st rounds on Saturday, who ya got?

Think Bolt and Blake will go for the WR in the final if the weather is perfect. Coulson favourite for 400m in my book.

Also 100m final for the women tomorrow, Jeter with 10,83m in the first round, expect her to win, with Shelly-Ann Fraser close 2nd.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

no. was being sarcastic. earlier in the thread posters were overreacting and i attempted to tell them as much.

these olympics have been a 9 out of 10 for him, i'd say. he should have 5 golds and 1 silver if lochte didn't ruin the relay. he never expected to sweep golds like beijing. that's an unreasonable expectation.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What do US people think of him retiring now? 27 seems so young, think he could've won a few more medals in 2016 to improve his legacy.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It would be a great end to a legendary career. Of course, I'd want to see him compete in 2016, but if he were to retire now like he says he's going to, it would be awesome.

You have to take into account the mileage. 27 is young, but he's been swimming since he was 15 with these Olympic games (2000 Olympics in Sydney was his first).

His legacy is already set IMO, a couple of more medals isn't going to change much of that.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think NBC has tried to play that up for ratings and keeps saying "for the last time" and " the final time he'll compete against".......but i think most people are going to wait it out. I won't believe it until it's 2015 and Phelps isn't training.

18. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a thread about this in D & D that I talked quite a bit about the situation but this is the first time I have seen a match. The Saudi definitely looks like a beginner out there and not surprising considering she has only had two years of training and probably very little competition. It doesn't help either that they put in a brand new gi (uniform) that doesn't fit her well.

As you observe this match wasn't a good match and at times it looked like the Puerto Rican player was just being nice and / or toying with her. There should've been a couple of penalties called for non-combativity on the Saudi given that she was mostly just being defensive, not taking grips and backing away. What this match most resembled was an dojo sparring session between an advanced player and a beginner where the advanced player has nothing to prove.

20. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

According to your argument, Michael Phelps most probably doped into his 20 Olympic medals. Why would you even bother to watch his tarnished performances?