1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Offical] Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TheresTheDagger

Can you believe MLB's twitter here? What a complete crock of ****.

2. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

F**k you, Cowboy Joe West. Altuve being robbed of that HR in the 1st *may* have cost the Astros this game. At the very least, the game would be in extra innings if that was called correctly.

The Astros themselves also made some costly blunders. Notably, Kemp's bad baserunning in the 8th (which likely cost the Astros a run). McCullers relying too much on his breaking ball and not using his fastball more. Correa not stepping on the 2nd base bag, leading to a failed double-play attempt.

Starting with Game 2, Houston's pitching has been subpar command-wise.

Anyway...this series is probably over. The Astros have a real good shot to win Games 5 and 6 with Verlander/Cole, but I don't see them beating the Red Sox 3 times in a row. This Boston team is probably better than any team the Astros faced in last year's playoffs.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’ve been arguing with Bill James on Twitter. He’s a very smart guy, but will not take his homer glasses off for this one.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

what did he say?

5. HTM

HTM Member

Sure we have a chance but we’ve been freaking shelled and the only we can trust is JV so that’s a tough spot.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Nah **** that ****. Red Sox about to go ice cold.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Would be incredibly sweet to come back and win this series. I still believe it’s possible. Need JV and then Cole to pitch well. I feel like the Sox have burned up their pitching some.

whiskeyred and Tfor3 like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

MLB: " You got your hurricane-relief World Series win last year, now be happy and step aside so big markets can re-enter the fall classic "

#4948 Tfor3, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

If anything.. that just goes to show the bias in this series. There’s been 2 extremely questionable “reviews” with rule breaking decisions in favor of Boston. I know this is a stretch, but it’s getting close to boxing rigging when you have umps/refs doing what they are doing.

everyday eddie and Tfor3 like this.
  10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

It wouldn't be so bad if the ****ing MLB front office AND umps didn't suck the Red Sox dicks so hard.

That and Boston sports in general seems to be favored by refs in all sports.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Mashing

Mashing Member

Thanks for the bulletin board material MLB.

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll give us 2 but 3 is a bit much. Their hitters are legit.

13. HTM

HTM Member

Feels like every important review for awhile now has f&&ked us. Frustrating.

whiskeyred likes this.
  14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

red sox playing with house money. of course they want to close it out tomorrow but i'm sure price doesn't inspire much faith and if they go down they'll prob use their lesser relievers.

game 6 you just need cole to redeem himself. sale is hittable and is dealing with illness

game 7 is basically a toss up no matter who pitches for either side. we get there and i like our chances due to experience

it's not over yet. but it starts tomorrow. gotta get runs off price early and hope JV shuts it down for 7+

you have to move correa to cleanup though. yuli and marwin are leaving runs out there. go back to the original lineup

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The part that is incredibly frustrating is that even if Verlander goes 7 outstanding innings... I cant trust the bullpen to keep a 6-run lead much less a 1 run lead.

With that being said, if there is any team that can do it, it's this one.

16. JazzLakerHater

Definitely like our chances to bring it back to Boston. But Cole is going to be the wild card in game 6.

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are they pitching Price to save Sale for game 6 or 7 if needed?

If so, I have a lot more confidence in this series. We've touched up Sale.

Price v Verlander, well if we lose that then we obviously just deserve to lose this series.

18. WhoDatStrosfan

With all of the very odd hbp walks passed balls etc you’d think that would have to taper off and us get back to our dominant selves pitching. At least make them beat us and not keep giving them freebies.

One thing is for certain Joe West will continue to call any close call against us. We must not leave it up to the refs. I’d be happy with some fight now and to not go out in 5.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

They have completely outplayed the Astros up to this point. Would be nice if they can still win this series, but, frankly, I'm looking forward to not having to stress about baseball for a while.

20. WhoDatStrosfan

I actually like our chances in Boston better than at home. We’ve been a road team all year. It’s all going to come down to whether or not our team’s spirit is broken. Imo.

JazzLakerHater and davidio840 like this.