1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offense is now a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Our savior:[​IMG]

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It is replaceable but the problem is that it currently isn't. Do I have enough faith that Morey will find suitable replacements for Parson's and Lin's production by the beginning of the season? No.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It is July. July.

4. fchowd0311

Who was the first option on the championship Rockets? Do the Rockets currently have a potential top 10 all time great on the team?

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Our offensive efficiency might drop a notch or two, but our defensive efficiency will go up two or three times as much to make us a better team with a (usually) better closing unit on the floor at the end of games.

Ask yourself one question: If Ariza is on the floor instead of Parsons, does Lillard get that shot off??

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

For the 1000th time, we only traded Lin because Bosh gave us the wrong signal. Otherwise we would've kept Lin. That's why Maury kept him till the last minute.

Maury made some mistakes this off season, but trading Lin isn't one of them. Can we stop faulting him for that?

7. fchowd0311

Yes. Lillard is one of the fastest players in the league and a pg. Ariza is a sf as is Parsons. The mistake was having a idiot coach covering one of the fastest pgs the league with a sf.

8. fchowd0311

Umm if Lin was traded to acquire Bosh and Beush did not sign with the Rockets wouldn't that be considered a mistake?

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Trey #%$!'n Daniels!!!!
    Problem solved

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree it's not just math, but people keep bringing it up as if it were, so I gave them an example using that logic.

I think youre underestimating what Harden and Howard can create for us on offense. They just need to change a few things. If we can't rely on them, then the third and fourth guy wont matter. The top guys need to play in a way that makes those around them replaceable, not the other way around.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If you got a verbal agreement from Bosh, as a GM you do whatever it takes to get him on board. How is that difficult to understand. Geez. :rolleyes:

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

And people keep bringing up losing Asik as one of Maury's mistakes as well. Asik is gone one way or another!

13. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Not worry at all, without Parsons,Harden can ISO hard as he wants.MVP for Harden!!!!

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He was a solid third option for Washington last year. Shot 40% from beyond the arc taking almost 6 threes a game.

We play at a much faster pace than Washington and he fits the offense quite well.

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Yeah Lin was not good in the playoffs.
    Chandler left because the FO doesn't think he's a star (correctly). If Lin is glad to leave and go play with Kobe, then I'm happy for him.
    Lin was a decent player but far too inconsistent for my liking. Give me Nelson 9 times out of 10.
    Asik left because we got Dwight and he wasn't happy being a back up.
    Bosh stayed in Miami because it's Miami, he got $40 million more, and his family is happy there.
    Melo also got $40 million more, gets to be with Phil Jackson, and once again loves NYC as well as his family.

Basically, you need to calm down. Replacing Lin's and Asik's production won't be easy but it will be done. Joey Dorsey is basically 90% of what Asik was in his best year as a Rocket except Joey Dorsey knows how to catch a ball and finish. He needs to work on defense but his blocking numbers aren't horrible coming off the bench.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dont push me cause I'm close to the edge...

When pushed...when confronted...when dared.... PATRICK BEVERLEY straight up put buckets in the opponents face. He has the talent to bust a bucket in yo face. Chandler Parsons could never really do that at will. It's crazy that a Dirk who can score 22 pts per game til he is 50 with his 7' tall, post up one leg fade away is getting HALF of what max contract Parsons is getting with absolutely no self-reliant offensive skills.

Last year we had an over abundance in offense in the starting line up. So much so that we move Lin to the bench. And Lin is easily replaceable in all aspects of his game. Garcia Casspi Hamilton was a 3 headed hydra of suck last year. Troy Daniels & Euro talent, come on down!

Sub out Parsons touches with Ariza's better 3pt shooting and insanely better 3 pt shooting when it counts in the playoffs. Then unleash Patrick Beverley to be more assertive and play closer to Ariza in the offensive pecking order than he did behind Parsons. Not Patrick Beverley the last option at the last second, but the attacking Patrick Beverley when he took that freak intensity on the D side and punked a dude with an attack move. He did that enough times last season to convince me he has it.

Our main problem last year was over abundance of Offense in starting 5 with a deficit in D. That problem was coupled with a lack of offense on the bench. We have a nice blend of upgraded D and maybe a smidge less O with the starters now, and more money & flexiblity to upgrade the bench.

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

He already found a very suitable replacement for Parsons and one who actually plays defense. Believe it or not, our offense is not a problem. We may not score 105 ppg, but believe it or not, most champions don't. We'll probably put up like 98 or 99 ppg, which is still pretty good. And our defense will be much better with the addition of a wing defender. We spent so much time last season asking for a 3 & D guy and we freaking got him. Ariza is a great fit and will be just fine for us. Defense actually kind of matters

And finding a replacement for Lin isn't as hard you think it is Inconsistency is all around the NBA. Canaan and Johnson cover Lin's production. If we get a vet like Nelson, then yeah no problems.

1 person likes this.
  18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Couldn't have said that any better. Thank you, some people don't understand how the distribute talents on a roster. We needed Parsons to be a supporting offensive player and a wing defender and he wanted be a star. Ariza will know his role and play it very well.

Don't really know about Bev and his offense though. There were times where he was a very capable shooter, but I believe his tenacity will be really good for us. A hardworker is appreciated on both ends of the court, always.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

So we have a problem cuz we got rid of Lin..?.

Give me this kind of problems all day long

20. bball1217

bball1217 Member

After signing Daniels, Dorsey, and Adrien to minimum contracts..guess what..we are in the same financial situation as before!

We still have our full $5.3 million MLE, full $2 million BAE, and Lin's $8.3 million TPE to use. These minimum contracts on sharp shooting (Daniels) and good tough post defenders/rebounders (Dorsey/Adrien) are low risk-high reward signings addressing areas of need (bench scoring and especially DEFENSE).

So there is no reason at all to be mad about these signings or worried about the offense. We have two all-stars, two guys who will get you 12-15 PPG each (Jones and Ariza), and about ~ $15.6 million worth of exceptions to add MORE offense as Morey and the FO please.