1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Odom's replacement...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Liberon, Jan 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm impressed with this guy and dang we could have used McRoberts because his services would have helped the Rockets. He's tough and jumpy for lops and rebounds and seems to have been under the radar in Indiana. I would have been happy with getting this guy or Hansborough. What do you guys think?

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think you're easily impressed.

No, seriously, I've caught myself watching him play for 5-10 minute stretches here or there and thinking, this kid is actually an NBA player.

But I think it's the low expectations. He does hustle and try hard, but c'mon, the dude isn't exactly lighting it up out there.

If the Lakers are better without Odom (and I definitely don't think they are), it's because they're forced to use Bynum more.

The lack of Odom should be a real issue for the Lakers come playoff time.. and McRoberts can hustle all he wants, but he'll never do more than mildly surprise you that he can actually stick on an NBA squad.

3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Yeah his 4 points / 4 rebs a game would be huge for us. :eek:

haha jk. I think he works hard. I personally think he plays a little cheap n dirty, a future Jazz player for sure.

4. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I think you're from Utah.

5. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

lol. and OP, no. McRoberts is not even giving LA half of what odom provided for them...

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

This was the guy that was going to be traded for O.J. Mayo. :p