1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Odom yet to live up to expectations

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 21, 2012.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...ing_mavericks.html?blockID=670064&feedID=3742

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They got Odom as a surprise for nothing, so anything he gives them is gravy. I think at some point he will start contributing and really help them.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yeah, but almost $9M for 8 ppg on putrid shoot efficiency is more than a little regrettable. Dallas has to be shopping that expiring (club option) contract around hard core. He's not even giving them much on the boards or D.

I can't believe he isn't pressing harder to make things happen - he's playing for his last real contract, and could get back to California if he wanted to.

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He has minimal value around the league thats why the Lakers dumped him so quickly. He and Pau are poosies

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

In before the conspiracy theoriests.

Last thing we want to hear is **** like:
    Lakers sent him to sabotage the Mavs franchise ;)

He is a trojan horse as a revenge for the sweep.

7. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Portland is cursed! Are the Rockets cursed??!!?!?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't believe that.

He won 6th man of the year last season, how could he have minimal value around the league?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There was one line of thinking that Odom was so immersed in the LA scene with Khloe, reality TV, etc that he wouldn't react well at all if moved.

The way he pouted when the trade was foiled would seem to support that theory. You have to admit he's one of the moodiest (good) players the NBA has seen in a while.

10. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Lamar has a lot of problems in between the years. It took Phil Jackson YEARS to get some form of consistency out of him. When you're as talented as he is when your mindset is as unstable as he is, nobody would want you.

Pau is somewhat the same way but not to the degree that Odom is. Gasol is a pansy

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

12. conquistador#11

yet that's all the lakers had to give up to get 'CP flop'. we were doing all the heavy lifting in that trade.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gasol and Odom are champions.

And in all honesty, Gasol might have been the best player on the Lakers when they took out the Celtics for the first time.

14. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

lol wa?

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was going to start a thread on this guy, I watched him for the first time this season vs. the Knicks and he appeared to be completely dogging it out there. Disinterested, shuffling around nonchalantly. I know he's never been a high energy player but he looked like he basically could not give 2 ****s. Actually most of the mavs appeared that way other than Dirk and Brendan Wright.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yes that's for sure, there are mental problems revolving around Odom but that doesn't make him a minimal value player.

Because if he was, Lakers would need to give up a lot more than just Odom and Gasol for Paul.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

well now EVERYONE knows Lamar is fools gold. His value was sky high before the camp started, we sort of knew he would go into a funk but not this bad?

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Ive b1tched about Odom for years but I kind of feel bad for this guy, his mom died at a young age, his dad never was around and was a drug addict, his grandma raised him and then when he reached the NBA she died, and then his son died and then his cousin died last summer in a car accident and he was travelling in a car that killed someone. Hes been through some much ****. I was somewhat happy that Khloe made Lamar stable and happy but hes all into that Kardashian **** now trying to find peace, shes gonna dump him once he becomes a minimal salary player in this league (which is sooner than Id like)

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Then he wouldn't be "minimal value around the league" if he was fool's gold, he would be great value because you are trading bad for great.

I don't argue that he has mental issues or that he is playing terrible. I just don't agree with your statement when you said he had minimal value around the league.

20. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

maybe I should've clarified. I meant to say huge disclaimer.