1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oden not sure when he'll return / patellar tendinitis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by worzel gummidge, Sep 29, 2010.

1. worzel gummidge

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2010-09-28/greg-oden-not-sure-when-hell-return
    Blazers after Dampier as well and can offer LLE like the Rockets. More attractive destination with Oden & Pryz out?

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think Oden should retire if he suffers another season ending injury this coming season, just for the sake of his health and future. He has made quite a fortune already.

3. BetterThanEver

He needs to stop playing ball in the Olympics China. It's the same problem that causes Yao to get injured.

4. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

Man....what an absolute disaster....this guy is making Sam Bowie look like Wilt Chamberlain

5. MingMingDynasty

Is there a more fragile player than Oden? Doesn't have a really awkward skeletal structure, like his right leg is an inch or two longer than the left.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This guy is just facing the consequences of spending so many nights with brian_chapmans wife

1 person likes this.
  7. tinywang

tinywang Member

The problem is that he's aging too fast. Dude looks like he's in his 60s.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

sad case. he was a pretty darn good player when he was on the floor last year and was starting to show signs of stardom (PER of 23). its sad b/c his career is derailed by injuries so darn early. hopefully he can last some b/c he seems to love basketball.

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

His problems are probably partially due to his uhh.... "poor posture."

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

hate to say it, but maybe it's sth to do with how he ended deke's career?

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i wonder if the blazers regret picking him and not kevin durant?

:eek:

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

No, they would do that over again.

I'm pretty sure they aren't thinking about it everyday that Durant posts up tripe doubles, leads his team to the playoffs, and is the 2nd best player in the league.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Psh. Give me one reason you'd rather have Durant over Oden?

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think they did a poll and just about every GM said they would have taken Oden. Hindsight is 20/20 and it is unfortunate. I mean of course right now they would like to probably have Durant but at the time it was not that bad of a decision since they felt like they needed a Center.

I feel bad for Oden. He seems like a good guy. It would be nice to see him get healthy so we can see how good he is.

15. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

Sucks for oden that he is facing so many injury issues. at some point he has to start thinking about his long term health

16. gtb

gtb Member

I believe that Oden was not even healthy when he was drafted.

17. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I blame the steroids...
    in the meat.

18. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

first same bowie now this. If the Blazers ever get the number one or two pick in the draft again, i seriouly doubt fans would want them to take a center

19. Htown's2kFinest

I read somewhere that the guy has been consistently injured since the 7th grade. Blazers should've known this.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

Of course they do. But don't you think Detroit is kicking themselves for taking Darko Milicic over Bosh, Anthony, and Wade? Oden reminded me of a young Shaq. I'm sure that's what Portland was thinking when they drafted him. You can't tell me they weren't excited after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgepARu7-c<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbgepARu7-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbgepARu7-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>