1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[October] Favorite cancer charities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Since it's Breast Cancer Awareness month, I just wanted to make a thread were people could post their favorite cancer charities. Figured it'd be a good discussion place, for some wonderful causes, maybe even a place for people to donate.

I work with cancer patients every day, and I can't truly say enough how wonderful these types of programs are.

My entry is what I think is the coolest charity around...

Strings for a Cure

This is a fairly local (to me) breast cancer surivor that gets famous musicians to donate guitar strings so she, a custom jewelry designer, can make jewelry out of them. All proceeds go to cancer patients, mostly breast cancer, for various things....even gas cards.

What are some of yours?

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Tell me and the other Clutch Community members what you want us to do this month, and we'll be there.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Due to awareness of the Ice Bucket Challenge, my favorite cancer charity is now the ALS Foundation.

1 person likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm not in Houston, or I'd be there with you.

I just recommend doing something to help out victims of cancer, or domestic violence.

1 person likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Been there doing that, and will continue to do so. Keep up your good work!

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

ALS is not cancer.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

rek, you just got Brightsided, breh.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you show me an organization that spends more on research than they do awareness I'm on board. I love St. Jude.