1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ochocinco to Houston? Cromartie too?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheGoldenGreek, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Andre is a man, so I know where the smart money would be.

2. TheGoldenGreek

Brian Cushing tweeted this in response to Cromartie asking him what's up:

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Between Andre, Cush, and Glover Quin, the Texans have got a full-court press going on. I like it. It's time somebody stepped up in this franchise and took the bull by the horns.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that's b/c they knew damn well the front office wasn't going to and took the lockout as an opportunity to recruit the guys THEY wanted on the team. i wouldn't be surprised if kubes and co. opted not to go after these guys simply b/c they felt undermined by their own players.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's awesome. I love this team......I hope these players are able to make an impact on some of their fellow players.

When this lock out ends...I'll be throwing a party.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And the #31 jersey is free since we cut Pollard.

7. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

Its Pro Football what star player hasn't dealt with nagging injuries...

it was easy to see by the end of last season OD was 100%,

Andre did undergo surgery to repair his ankle injury, but watching the recent workout video with ochocinco im convinced hes 100%

Mario had surgery to repair his sports hernia that nagged him all season, hes been said to be 100% since February.. at LB hes not gonna be doing anything different other than standing up. His job will still be to get after the quarterback.

DeMeco is the guy we should be worried about.. Achilles injuries are a bit tricky. as of now he says hes at 100% but we wont know until he plays on it..

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Right, because the one thing we know about Kubiak is that he seems to really genuinely dislike and distrust his players. So, yeah - makes sense he'd show them by not upgrading the team while actively antagonizing the remaining players. Take that!

Man, that guy is stupid! They should have definitely fired him for probably, eventually undermining his players.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Come on now, this is the same guy who thought a Chris Brown pass play was a good idea against Jacksonville, and who can't even use timeouts correctly.

Basically, the man is an idiot.

Nothing would surprise me with him.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He might not be the best game manager, but if he is anything, he is definitely a player's coach. There are few coaches that defend and support players like he does.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The difference is that he actually made those blunders, and should absolutely be held accountable for them. Here, he's being ripped for an honest-to-goodness made-up scenario. Like him or not, that's not fiar. *Plenty* of fodder to rip him without having to make stuff up.

An idiot? So he fell backwards into a productive, talented offense that's currently among the best in football? I'll grant he's made idiotic decisions - but an idiot?

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am on the Keep Kubiak bandwagon, but this was just too easy...

[​IMG]

eerie resemblance?!?
    [​IMG]

13. SWTsig

hey Ric, quick question... how many times have the Texans made the playoffs? i've been looking all over the place and i just can't seem to find it anywhere. i'd assume that vaunted Texans offense of his must've landed them in the playoffs at least once or twice in the past five years but man... it's like the nfl is hiding that info!

what's up with that?!?

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Are you saying the Texans havent had one of the top offenses in the league for more than a season now?

Ric only pointed out the offense that Kubiak has built...and Kubiak has had plenty to do with that offense. Whether the defense has been up to par or not is another story.

15. SWTsig

that'd be great and all if kubes was solely the offensive coordinator and not the #1 head honcho for the entire franchise.

as the #1 head honcho, he is an abject and complete failure. unless, of course, you think not making the playoffs five straight years despite having one of the top offenses is somehow dismisable.

kubiak has had his hand in every decision this team has made thus far... to applaud him in one regard doesn't cut it anymore, sorry. during his regime, they have been borderline terrible in regards to free agency (and the draft for that matter). to simply assume they'll make a good decision in free agency defies logic. i'll change my tune when i see it.

but as a head coach, the guy is an idiot and without a doubt should have been fired.

1 person likes this.