1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ochocinco to Houston? Cromartie too?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheGoldenGreek, Jun 13, 2011.

1. msn

msn Member

excellent. repped.

2. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Come on BOB get er done.....

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I've seen/read enough of Chad to know that he's all about his team and winning. Putting him in the same group as Terrel Owens just shows a lack of knowledge about him as a player/person.

People assume that because he's a media darling and on twitter a lot that means he doesn't care about winning. It couldn't be further from the truth.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I know three things about Chad Johnson, and it's really all I need to know: 1) he spends most of the season practicing end zone dances; 2) he completely no-showed in a playoff game a few years ago after trash talking Revis in the week leading up to it; 3) he had a reality TV show.

He is a fool, so far as I can tell, and a needless distraction. Anyone who thinks that as his talent evaporates and he's forced into a supporting role that his silly act won't grow proportionally is straight fooling themselves.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Largely agree. Also, I'm still bitter as hell toward Chad and the entire Bengals' cast for mailing in the regular season finale that year against Revis and the Jets. I know they had little to play for, but that was as close to outright trying to lose as anything I've ever seen.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Word.

If anything, the guy has led one hell of an interesting life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Ochocinco

He works his ass off, so what if he had a bad game against Revis... hell, even Andre struggles against Revis. He's a chatterbox and a goofball, but never to the detriment of his team.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I love Chad, but he's been a shell of his former self for a few years now.

8. Hey Now!

I yawned. A lot.

Did you actually read any of this? The 2008-2009 season, specifically, is really endearing. I loved the part where one of his teammates suggested that it would be better for the team if he was traded. But he's gritty!

He's a fool. I can't believe people are defending him *and* recommending the Texans sign him.

9. DonnyMost

He's not been a viable #1 since he hit 30, injury issues and quarterback struggles (the Bengals team, as a whole, kinda fell off a cliff in 2008) have certainly dogged him, but I couldn't be more excited about him being a #2 here. I think he would excel.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Absolutley Agreed, get it done! 85 can be a good 3, but not sure how he'd like that...

11. msn

msn Member

Word. CJohnson is a big "minus" sign for your franchise. "Add" him in, and the value goes *down*. But hey, we'll get some "attention"!

12. DonnyMost

Oh, I read it.

The question is, did you?

So his longtime teammate and friend supported him in asking for a trade, and that's some glaring negative to you? Chad wasn't going to be a benefit to the Bengals by sitting out, so why keep him? He wanted out because he wanted to win, period. And guess what, he was right. The bengals sucked major balls that year. TJ knew the situation was going to get worse, and he supported Chad getting his wish to leave. I think you're taking that way out of context.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518

Sounds to me like you just have problem with his personality, which is fine. His personality isn't the most endearing (I appreciate modesty as much as the next fan), hell, I hated him for a long time, too. But his work ethic and sense of humor won me over. He's an attention w****, but a competitive and talented one. You judging him by a silly (and majorly incorrect) assumption about his work ethic, a singular playoff game, and his media blitzing (which has nothing to do with football) seems kind of silly to me. If Andre wants him, I'm willing to side with him.

Granted, we've got bigger fish to fry this offseason, but if it could reasonably happen, I'm all for it.

#72 DonnyMost, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

How on earth would the Texans fit the contracts of Nmandi, Ochocinco, Cromarite, Leach, and their draft picks under the HARD CAP?

14. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Great Post.

15. DonnyMost

I love this little gem from TJ's wiki.

Kind of put's his remarks about Chad's holdout in perspective, in addition to being his college teammate and good friend, it seems like he shared his frustration with the team's direction.

TJ bailed after the turd of a season that was 2008, just like Chad wanted to do prior.

16. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Sorry but you are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to calling them facts. Completely disagree with your statement.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Too traumatic.

18. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Who the hell is Chad Johnson?

19. Hey Now!

I guess it's a matter of perspective. You see a competitive gritter with grit and I see a spoiled malcontent who rocks the boat and doesn't put his team first. The media and team agreed:
    As his inevitable physical decline continues, you're fooling only yourself if you don't think the whining and diva behavior won't intensify to fill the void. Mediocre second bananas on sub-.500 teams stuck in NFL purgatory have a hard time staying in the spotlight if they're well-behaved.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If we don't sign these guys. I'm going to beyond pissed. First chance in Texans history to actually make the playoffs!