1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You have issues with authority. I get it. You want to see people get away with **** like this. Difficult to take you seriously because of it.

Take your personal feelings/experiences out of this. This person broke some laws. The police have to resort to this type of arrest because normal arrests must be difficult in that environment. If they did something illegal, talk about that.

RayRay10 and Astrodome like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say that's an EXCELLENT basis upon which to form a judgment about 36,000 uniformed officers in the NYPD :rolleyes:

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/about/about-nypd/about-nypd-landing.page

Corrosion and RayRay10 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And when you see a conversation with them and 10+ other NYPD officers without one hint of disenting opinion on things like black culture then you have to ask yourself how pervasive it is.

And it isn't just me. https://www.colorlines.com/articles/nypd-officers-post-blatantly-racist-hate-speech-facebook

Also, just look at the type of rhetoric that is in closed Facebook community pages for infantry and law enforcement communties. You can have a sense of what is considered popular opinion in these communties. I'm a part of a couple of closed of Marine infantry Facebook communties and a lot of cross community posting with cops as a large chunk of former US infantrymen turn to law enforcement as their post military career. It's easy to see what popular and unpopular sentiments are.

It seems to me you just have a blind spot for right wing culture shared in the "proffesions that give you a gun" coalition. Your anger at leftists seems irrational knowing the actual violent dangers of these communties and the sentiments that are popular within them.

#2363 fchowd0311, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  4. fchowd0311

You are just making excuses for them. The arrest towards that woman is no more dangerous than entering a house and trying to arrest a domestic abuser.

There is no reason I see why they can't just do a routine arrest by walking up to her residence and issuing the arrest warrant. Does this lady have a history with firearms or explosives?

If all you got is "she threw bottles and rocks", I see that as no different than a man punching his wife. If you can use standard protocol to arrest a domestic abuser, you can arrest someone who throws bottles and rocks. The difference is that the woman hurts those cops' egos and therefore want to find ways to embarrass her or use escalated tactics for personal gratification. Cops are really bad at leaving their ego at the door. They took this lady personally.

#2364 fchowd0311, Jul 29, 2020
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. JumpMan

Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today. Maybe they ain't about that procrastination life. Maybe they don't want to go on no wild duck, duck, goose chase. Who knows.

What matters to me is if they made a lawful arrest. It seems like they did. Let me know if I'm wrong.

I think it's interesting that chaos pushers such as yourself are crying about this type of stuff as if you want to shame law enforcement authorities to let these people do whatever they want without any consequences. Truth is, you don't want any of these people arrested, charged, or punished. You ain't about law and order. You're about chaos and confusion.

And by you I ain't just talking about you, but everyone that is covering for people that are breaking laws by criticizing any and all attempts at order.

Calm down. Domestic abusers are typically arrested at home because that is where the crime had just occurred. And again, it's hard to take you seriously when you disrespect all cops like that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. fchowd0311

You are pretending like the cops caught her in an act of doing a felony and arrested her on the spot. No they investigated her an knew who she was. She wasn't doing anything illegal at the time of arrest. They could easily not made a spectacle out of it by just using standard arresting procedures. The whole unmarked van thing is to just brainwash fools into thinking that it's worse than it is. If you treat people the same way you treat armed terrorist groups, the foolish public will then equate those arrested people to violent terrorists.

#2367 fchowd0311, Jul 29, 2020
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Especially when they are battling severe image problems presently. You'd think they'd be extra careful not to add fuel to the fire.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. JumpMan

There is nothing standard about the current situation. A normal arrest would have likely resulted in something far from peaceful. This arrest was peaceful even if it was dramatic.

The situation isn't the end of the world, but law enforcement has been forced to adjust to it. No big deal. These people know not what they do, they are more like a spoiled toddler than a terrorist.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

Why would a normal arrest not be peaceful? Why would it be any different than the other plethora of people arrested for assault or any sort of violence?

Was she stockpiling weapons and explosives? Was she planning an imminent violent attack?

How about this. You tell me what is the most violent thing this lady has done in your own words.

11. JumpMan

Did you notice that no bystander got involved? Probably cause the quick and dirty arrest didn't give anyone else the time to. Could be a reason why they choose to execute the arrest in that way. Who knows.

These people are temper tantruming toddlers, not terrorists.

Alright, give me a name and some money to hire someone to investigate this for you and then I'll let you know.

Why do you discuss things in this way?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

She understands you have to go extreme to win in this day and age

look at Kylie Jenner, she was always worse looking than her naturally hot sister Kendall

Did she just go the quiet logical route?
    No she went extreme , she paid for a new face with new nose and lips and a new butt so she can look like a stripper
    She decided to go screw rappers when her sisters screwed NBA players
    then she put out a cosmetic line which girls went crazy for, because they want the same thing, attention and money

how's this like AOC?
    she goes extreme, not the logical choices of bringing or TRYING TO NEGOTIATE AMAZON JOBS coming to Long Island
    or ACCEPTING A DUDE'S APOLOGY.
    She's smart, she'll take it and go to the extreme like Vanilla Ice level and that's how she wins.

Go extreme is the lesson here

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

So you are hurting your argument here, you do know that right?

Because the NYPD could have easily arrested her without any bystanders present as they knew who she was and her place of residence.

This shows me they did this for personal who reasons and to make the arrest look like an arrest against a violent terrorist to win the narrative game.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldve arrested her like 67 year old roger stone if they knew her address. Predawn raid plus CNN.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rawr AOC in handcuffs.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Dang she only gets a 60 second plug
    At the convention

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

60 swim days? Wtf. That’s odd

King1 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

That is one minute more than Yang will get. WTF, Just like in the debates, they did not let the man speak. They even let Kasich speak at the convention and silent Yang once again. Lol, some seriously messed up crap going on with these oligarchy establishment Dems

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

FrontRunner likes this.