1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OC Register's Kevin Ding] Impossible to Believe the Lakes will Lose

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 3, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A few blog entries by the Orange County Register's Kevin Ding:

Here's the blog entry:
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/houston-lakers-fourth-2388992-rockets-yao

Link to overall blog page:

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/

Apparently, however, the Lakers have been losing to the Rockets in scrimmages:

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2...a-dj-mbenga-is-from-congo-close-enough/16073/

Or more precisely, the Lakers starters lost to DJ "The Great Wall of Congo" Mbenga, Sun "The Chinese Artest" Yue, and the rest of the scout team.

Upon hearing the news during Rockets practice, Ron Artest opined "DJ and Sun are just basically an ethnically reversed version of Yao and Me. Kobe has no chance against us. Even Brandon Roy can't beat that kind of talent."

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

He makes a good point on closing which every Rockets fan already knows, BUT this team just needs to play great D like they did versus Blazers and get the ball more to Yao, and just hope that is enough.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks for your 2 cent input OC Register's Kevin Ding, but forgive me if I'd rather hear about the series from an opinion outside of California. :D

4. alcatrazpsycho

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Just....LOL. That's one thing you have to like about Artest - he always says what he thinks, which is a nice change from the majority of athletes who don't say anything interesting or even insightful when they're interviewed.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

To clarify... that "Artest" quote was my attempt at making fun of Artest's prior comments on Lebron, Kobe and Roy.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am with Ron. :D

Roy drove to the rim more than Kobe. Kobe is a jump shooter.

8. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I think he's making too much of Yao supposed lack of conditioning in the 4th quarter.

9. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

T-Mac does the same... too bad he is always thinking the wrong thing.

10. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I probably come from a different generation than the OC writer. The Lakers have a long history of being prohibitive favorites, but when they're really great (like this year) they do not want to see the Houston Rockets.

And we are a strange and still growing team - injuries and no hint of a set rotation three months ago. The solution is simple: we catch fire and beat everyone.

If we lose, so be it, but we'll dance with those guys.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

Its pretty common for starters to lose in practice. Its been said many times that the bench guys get pushed a lot harder than starters. Every once in a while, however, the starters will come in and actually show em how its done if bench guys get too cocky.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good post. I can't wait until the music starts!

13. Dei

Dei Member

Sun Yue's still with that team? Haven't heard news of him since he was signed.