1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Observations on Game 1 Rockets v Lakers 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Sep 5, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, not right at all. Just less wrong.

Sorry I’m not going to concede this, you were so wrong about game 1 takes and dug your heels in. You just flat out don’t understand sports so I won’t give you the satisfaction. You’re just less wrong, sorry. Thanks and come again

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Everyone saw how much more involved AD was in game 2 than in game 1. You don't need to concede anything in order for you to be wrong and me to be right.

It's clear to everyone, and it makes you look silly to deny such an obvious increase in usage.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What’s wrong is the premise that he just chose to take more shots and wasn’t defended better in game 1. AD is not that type of player, where he can just take over a game and dictate what happens. His playoff averages are similar to last night but has never had success. You’re giving him way too much credit, the Rockets will gladly take jump shots from him. 3s and points in the paint are what hurts.

Your general lack of any basketball knowledge is really apparent. It makes it difficult to converse with you, specifically when you don’t realize you’re wrong and just want to be “right”

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

But, but, but......I thought our defense was good enough to deny AD the ball?!?!?!

You really underestimated how good AD is.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It is, his performance was more about not quite as good of defense from the Rockets and him hitting some nicely contested shots.

AD is a great number 2. He’s not a number 1. He won’t lead them to wins, he wasn’t what won the game for the Lakers

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm sorry you're to stupid to understand what you're seeing. My game 1 observation (that the Lakers were going away from him) was accurate. Game 2 proved it.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I never said he was a number 1.

And no, his performance was about him being MUCH more involved in the Laker offense in game 2. There's no way you can deny this obvious fact.

And you really think our defense is good enough to deny AD the ball? That's foolish.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down with the name calling. I haven’t called you out for your terrible takes which obviously are from a lack of brain power and cognitive ability.
    You do not know anything about basketball at all lol

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It is absolutely not a fact. It is literally your opinion. I understand words may be hard for you but that’s what that means.
    AD had more energy early, touches were similar but he took more shots out of those touches rather than being forced to pass out of them. To his credit he hit some shots (only made 5 more total shots)

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yet you're the one who thinks that the Rockets defense can deny AD the ball.

Its interesting...you question my basketball knowledge despite the fact that game 2 proved me right and you wrong.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Look at his FAR increased usage. His usage% in game 1 was 25.1%. In game 2, it increased to 35.9%. It's a fact.

Don't forget that he got 2 baskets in garbage time in game 1 right before the starters got benched.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

But it didn’t lol. You were only a little less wrong. Nothing more.
    Fouls made it tough to body AD too much and force passing out. He hit some tough jumpers, credit to him. But those are the shots the Rockets want him to take. JVG confirmed this in game commentary.
    Your love affair with the Lakers and AD blinds you, you don’t see the best defense in the playoffs having any impact on AD and it’s only what the Lakers wasn’t.

So like I said you were just less wrong

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I was right. My assertion was that the Lakers went away from AD in game 1. Their game 2 performance proved this to be true. AD was FAR more involved in the Laker offense in game 2.

You look like an idiot for continually denying this fact.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You do understand that passing out of the block affects Usage rate right? He took more shots so his Usage rate increased, passing or being forced to pass out would be lower usage rate. Total touches would be a better indicator of involvement.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No I look like an idiot for arguing with a simpleton that doesn’t understand the intricacies of the subject in discussion.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In game 1, AD was torching us. He started out 7-10. And then the Lakers stopped going to him. You attributed this to our defense. I attributed it to the Lakers going away from him.

If you were right, AD would've continued to receive limited touches in game 2. If I was right, AD would've been FAR more involved in game 2.

It's clear which of us was right.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

For sure you're an idiot for thinking that the Rockets defense is good enough to deny AD the ball.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ, you do realize opponents have an affect on the outcome right?
    My premise was Rockets made it tough for AD to get position down low and forced him to take contested mid to long range jumpers.
    Rockets will live with that, and yes that was a product of AD not being able to move our defenders. He got passive in the second half of game 1 because he couldn’t get down low (hence lower usage rate)
    He had a huge first half and solid 4th, but it was more him taking and hitting more shots instead of passing out. In fact he was -7 in +\- he is not a factor on why the Lakers win.

Except when he gets defenders in foul trouble.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, just the best defense in the playoffs and scoreless against Tuck in 26 possessions in game 1. -7 +\- in game 2.

Keep slurping AD, you just end up with more than egg on your face

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And my contention was that the Lakers went away from AD in game 1.

I never disagreed with your premise, but you somehow interpreted my assertion as an argument against yours.

If you don't think AD was a factor in the Laker win, then you're an idiot. There's no other explanation.