1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Observations on Game 1 Rockets v Lakers 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Sep 5, 2020.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol these are clueless...still living in the world of the bigs should dominate in nba and harden is good just because he gets preferential refs treatment..lololol

D-rock likes this.
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why are you showing me 4th quarter clips when the game was already out of hand and AD was clearly fatigued?

Here's a youtube video of every play Davis was involved in (both offensively and defensively):

What stood out to me is that Rondo looked really rusty. He was making bad decisions and trying to push the tempo for quick shots. As a result, Davis (who likely grabbed the defensive rebound to initiate the offense) isn't even in the play. That's stupid basketball. And yet the Lakers still played Rondo 24 minutes.

And again, if the Lakers want to win, they need to run the offense through AD or Lebron. If they don't, then they're not playing to win. The other guys on the Lakers simply aren't good enough.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't know about ya'll, but that hair does not work with that man's face.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It means that they weren't utilizing their best options. They didn't go to AD (or Lebron) enough, and they gave far too many minutes to an obviously rusty Rondo.

It'd be like us giving Austin Rivers 30+ minutes and reducing Harden's minutes.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So.....did you guys notice anything different about AD tonight?

6. HP3

HP3 Member

No, I noticed Westbrook playing a bad game and we lost all the minutes he ran the team by himself. AD had 7-8 more points than he did last night, big whoop. That's not what lost us the game. It's the lakers shooting 44% from 3 that lost it for us.

D-rock likes this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Then you weren't paying attention. The Lakers were determined to get the ball to AD tonight. His impact tonight was far greater than it was on Friday night.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

It really wasnt, did you see Harden vs AD in the third quarter? We were kicking his ass with that lineup. Then we benched that lineup for the Russ one and Lebron destroyed Westbrook. Simple. You really just focus on the wrong things all the time, it is so impossible to have a conversation. I should not have bothered.

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're right, you shouldn't have bothered. Simply put, you don't know what you're talking about. You're looking only at us. I look at everything.

For instance, you said "AD had 7-8 more points than he did last night, big whoop".

Statistically, you're correct, but in spirit, you're wrong. AD scored 6 points on Friday night in garbage time right before the starters were benched. They were meaningless. Do you think a 15 point increase is a "big whoop"?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Scott Foster lips attached to his ass?

Yes, we all saw that.

You got a boner over that, admit it.

WestendMassive likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, pretty much the same as game 1. He had a few more face up drives to the basket, real nice game from him. They also gave up a 21 pt lead, shot about the best they can, Russ played like garbage and just squeaked out a win.

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Houston can win without westbrooks. He keeps missing and push the team cannot come back. Wasting the team effort to get 40 points in 3rd quarter

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

AD's involvement was extremely different than in game 1. Don't deny the obvious. It makes you look foolish.

When you're obviously wrong, own it.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Even though there was an clear difference in AD's usage, I didn't expect you to notice. You have an interesting way of not recognizing the obvious.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The irony is rampant. You’ve been wrong this entire conversation and you’ve dug your heels in.
    His game was the same, just more of it. And there was still a big comeback from the Rockets.
    He took 8 more shots (He didn’t play the last portion of game 1- but similar overall playing time), but they were all mostly the same mid to long range jump shots. Rockets will take those. The plays that need to get better is letting him drive to the basket where they can have second chance points. Or not boxing out properly and allowing tip ins.

AD will get his, statistically speaking he had a good game 1 as well. Rockets will take that as long as it’s from distance and making him work.
    You obviously have never played any type of ball before, it’s apparent you don’t understand the chess match and the willingness to accept some plays because the alternative is much more risk.

D-rock likes this.
  16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In other words, I was right.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, you were less wrong. His numbers from jump shots won’t affect winning or losing for Rockets.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I was right. My assertion was that the Lakers were going away from him in game 1. In game 2, he was FAR more utilized. He had 9 additional FGA (if you count 2 FTA as a FG). That's a HUGE increase from game 1.

His USG% went from 25.1 in game 1 to 35.9 in game 2.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No you were less wrong. That is it. He got more FGA but they’re also the shots, outside of the shots at the basket, that the rockets will take. His numbers aren’t going to win the game for the Lakers.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sure. I was "less wrong" to such a degree that I was right. Everyone watched the game. We all know that AD was FAR more involved in game 2.