1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Observations on Game 1 Rockets v Lakers 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Sep 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Caesar, Xerobull and ApacheWarrior like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lakers just ran into the ultimate Laker killers.

Everyone just needs to stop making excuses for Lakers.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Watch the game. The Lakers stopped going to AD in the first quarter. You have a child's understanding of basketball.

When you don't utilize your best options, then you aren't playing to win. Is that really so difficult to understand? Should I use smaller words? Maybe some pictures?

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No one is making excuses for the Lakers. It's all about planning for the next game. If we go into Game 2 thinking we played Game 1 perfectly, then they'll catch us off guard with their adjustments. That's why it's useful to anticipate potential adjustments and prepare for them, and one of the most obvious adjustments is more AD touches.

Tipjar wager. If the Rockets sweep the Lakers, I'll donate $50. If the Rockets don't sweep, you donate $10.

What do you say?

#124 wekko368, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  5. No Chill Rocket

LeBirth James

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sweep???

LOL

I would love for Rockets to sweep but I dont make fallacious statements like you.

But i will make tip jar bet, Rockets will win series.

Unlike you, I do not overrate AD or excuse his ability to take over a game by blaming his teammates and coaches.

DavidRocket likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

0-26 when AD defended by PJ.

Even Lakers homers are not as blinded or block headed as you.

Your take reeks, just like you do.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Then don't use phrases like "ultimate Laker killers". Again, your poor reading comprehension rears its uninformed head.

Before the playoffs started, I bet that the Rockets would win the championship. I'm not going to bet against them.

#128 wekko368, Sep 5, 2020
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Tucker did a fantastic job, and I hope he keeps it up, but you're reading too much into it. Look at the current Nuggets/Clippers game. After game 1, it looked like the Clippers had Jokic/Murray figured out....not so much in game 2.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Agree with this and now they don’t have the assets. It was incredibly stupid and they put so much focus on Kawhi and it’s like they were on tilt and signed Green to soften the blow.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your words belie your professed actions.

And yes, Rockets are the ultimate Lakers killer.

That does not mean I think they win every game, but it would not surprise me if they did.

That is how much I believe in this Rockets system vs. Lakers.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Leborn won several championship before. He always form a team with 3 people who can have 20 plus score and 10 plus rebounds or assists players. Now he can form big 2 only, every team power is even. I dont think he can get any championship after KD, Curry come back, because of his age. He still has power to get ref ft

Actually kawaii and KD are the same, they have 4 to 5 great players around them for champion like Duncan, Curry. Raptors can tie eith Celtics without Kawaii. They are overpower actually. This year becomes balance. Most team gets 2 all stars only. Clippers is different from other teams because of their bench power Harrell and Lou Williams. Clippers settings look like popo era team using Duncan, Kawaii, Ginobili and parker, it is a bit strong for their team.

#132 elmotsang, Sep 5, 2020
    Xerobull likes this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Since I know critical thinking isn't your strong suit, let me remind you that this is a Rockets site. I can believe in them while still being aware of the obstacles ahead. I don't take things for granted.

And since I know that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, if you say something is the "Ultimate Lakers killer", then unless we plan on not using it, the implication is a sweep.

Seriously, go read a book.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

I am certain you do not want to compare IQ with me.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Probably not. Given your many, many shortcomings, you probably have a low self-esteem. I wouldn't want you to have a mental breakdown.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

:D

Scurry away in peace.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sounds like you missed the sarcasm. Unsurprising.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know you weren't talking to me but I'll say it, yes, this is difficult to understand. What do you mean? Are you suggesting the lakers weren't trying to win the game? What does it mean that a playoff team in the playoffs is "not playing to win"?

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really should take your L and move forward.

Own up to your mistakes, it builds character.

Again, Lakers did not stop feeding AD because they refused to play winning basketball. Lakers stopped feeding AD because Rockets adjusted defensively and feeding AD in the post was a losing proposition.

PJ fronting AD and/or pushing him out of paint.

Harden pushing AD from elbow closer to help defender in corner.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They’re going to be much better next game. Hopefully we will sustain this level as well.

saleem likes this.