1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Observations on Game 1 Rockets v Lakers 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Sep 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not playing to win just sounds like a BS narrative.

Were the Lakers playing to LOSE then?

Your semantics argument is just like all your other arguments, pure horseshit.

Rockets took this game from Lakers. Period.

#101 D-rock, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    luckyman76, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor. Why don't you open a book?

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You are not getting what I’m saying D-rock. That’s ok D. Still love your posts

You are taking it too literally to the T and every I. Just a basis for success,

D-rock likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You realize last night proved you’re wrong right? AD is not going to single handedly take over this series. I have no idea where you’re getting that from.
    The best thing for the Rockets is him taking long 2 pt jump shots.

5. HardenVolumeOne

dion waiters is the likely guy

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You realize that last night, the Lakers didn't focus on running the offense through AD, right?

And a 15 footer isn't a "long 2pt jump shot."

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He was denied the ball by the Rockets, not because the Lakers didn’t want him to have the ball. He literally did not score on Tucker.

Second, 15 feet is a mid to long range shot for a big man. Not in the paint. That’s right where the Rockets want him, no value from the 3 and less threat to offensive rebound.

You can keep making excuses for the Lakers all you want, last nights game may be a one off type game. I doubt it

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I guess we'll see next game. I hope you're right that our defense is good enough to deny AD the ball.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only loser is you.

Rockets will win this series vs. Lakers.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I know it must be frustrating to have such poor reading comprehension. When you grow up, I hope you find a better outlet than lashing out at random people.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I posted in another thread on another topic. Single game +/- can be misleading. You can't just look at it and say who had the biggest impact in the game.

The Rockets had a big run at the beginning of the 4th when Harden was sitting. When he came back in the second half of the quarter, the game was pretty much in semi-garbage time. That's why his +/- isn't very impressive. But he played very well on both ends, much better than he did in Game 7. To borrow Eric Gordon's immortal words, Harden was having fun last night against the Lakers.

hakeem94 and Xerobull like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it's rare most likely a fluke.

but what's good is james wore the other team down while russ and the bench built the lead

its rare to see james sitting and the rockets not being blown out much less blowing out the other team

so thats a very welcome sight

D-rock, cmoak1982 and Xerobull like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your takes are stupid AF.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

To your point, according to Rocketswire, AD didn’t score in 26 possessions vs Tucker. Just WoW Tucker if true.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...t-score-when-guarded-by-p-j-tucker-in-game-1/
    Thread worthy. I’m just not in the mood to do a thread.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Ad converted over 60% on midrange field goal. You’re foolish if you think he doesn’t have an elite midrange game

Landsdale likes this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

D-rock likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, dude it was 6 games against PORTLAND. Worse defense by far of any team in the playoffs. For midrange he's a career 40 percentage(ish maybe a little higher) shooter. 60% isnt sustainable from mid range nor is it viable team offense. You cannot just cherry pick stats from the playoffs and tell me he's elite. He is not.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, when I saw that it kinda confirmed what my eyes saw last night. AD can’t move Tucker, once again I’ll repeat this. Rockets are a bad matchup for Lakers

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really should be worried about your own comprehension. Your basketball knowledge is nonexistent.

As a Lakers apologist perhaps you can see the fallacy of your lousy take that Lakers just stopped feeding AD because they were not playing to win.

Even these 2 geniuses could see that AD was struggling with PJ fronting him and other Rockets jumping passing lanes.

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

At the very least his midrange is respectable

HP3 likes this.