1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Objectively, these Rockets are unwatchable garbage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NicktheBrick, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't read OP's post, but his thread title is 100% accurate.

Fortunately, I don't really care right now. Have too many other things going on.

For example, I think I have pink eye right now.

2. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

First time this season I stopped watching a DVRd game before it ended.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Partly true. Our strategy to shoot many threes generates fast breaks and long rebounds, thus making it even more mind blowing we crash the boards so much and it is not rocket science why we give up so many points on fast breaks..you don't have to have good defenders to stop this, but we do it game after game, after game.....after game. Defensive philosophy to switch is just laziness at this point and too many of our players are gamblers. That is on Morey, but also on the coach and player. The weird thing is that McHale credited J.B. with putting more pressure on wings and 3pt shooter prior to last year and we thrived. We had the best opponent 3pt defense etc. This year, same group, and we are in bottom 5. What happened? That's on the players..

4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Even better record the game and watch them only if they win or its a close game. Most of their losses have been ugly. Last year I watched every game. This year I just can't.

5. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Dead on! They lose the same way every game and to me that's coaching and players. Specifically, this team has no leadership and really needs in it the worse way. From the coaching staff JB is just too inexperienced for this team and from the players ideally a point guard who can lead this team. This team needs better front court shooting, but it's less of a talent issue and more of an attention to detail issue. Hopefully, we are very careful buyers in the trade market.

6. gotsis

gotsis Member

Fewest games I've watched in the last 5 years. Stopped watching the Portland game at the second quarter. No regrets there.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Fewest games I've watched since 1994. Least fav Rockets team of all time (Since I've followed the team)

1 person likes this.
  8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I don't think "objectively" means what you think it means haha.

That being said, I get your meaning. It's tied more to Harden than to Morey, though I suppose Morey got us Harden so it can go to him (but then you can point to Les, etc.).

No effort on D? Iso on offense? It's because Harden is immature and salty and a bad leader. Howard isn't much better as a leader.

Players take their cues from their star players, unless you have a DOMINANT coach presence, but those are rare (like Pop)...and lest we forget, Pop was able to claw together his reputation because he had Tim Duncan. When Pop first took over and they were losing, they were close to firing him!

We don't have that in Harden -- he's not humble; he's not responsible; he's not a "winner"...

...but he is a top 8 player in the NBA. And that's where this gets tough. Harden has obvious flaws, but instead of just pointing them out, you have to offer viable alternatives. Same for when people complain about Morey. What is the realistic alternative? If that is AVAILABLE and we pass, okay that is on us, but you can't just say let's trade Harden for Curry, fire Morey for RC Buford and get rid of Bickerstaff for Pop. Not happening...

1 person likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trust me, Les is probably feeling exactly like a lot of us...which is why I think DMorey is going to get fired, if they don't turn it around.

DD

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've missed more games this season than the last 4 combined. It's awful.

11. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I am starting to believe you are indeed Morey.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is the truth, but be careful the blind homers don't like objectivity. Just take a look at one of Maury's biggest homers in samfisher. He thought the Rockets were legitimate title contenders for years to come based on last year's fluke WCF appearance. He's nowhere to be found with his blind Maury support. As a matter of fact, we're still waiting on him to release his predictions for the year, which he said he would do before the beginning of the regular season.

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Was talking to a classmate earlier today and she was telling me how horrible it was to watch the Rockets game against Portland.

Told me she's disgusted at how they play basketball and would never go to a game again.

Don't blame her.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Still very short-sighted to even fathom trading Howard or Harden. The numbers are still all-star level for both. You change the coaching staff first and foremost and watch guys like Ariza and Lawson pick up their slack. Even those guys are hard to find pieces in the NBA that you do not discard.

15. Aware

Aware Member

I've been a rox fan all my life and this is the first time i've quit on the team. Within the first 2 weeks, i was done with the season. Cannot stand to watch a team with so much talent just be so indifferent. I am willing to stick by a bad team as long as they show some effort but this team lacks heart

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Only a dumb Morey hater would pretend this is somehow the dream roster Morey always wanted.

Let's forget we went all in for Bosh and in the process lost Asik, Lin, and Parsons and had to replace them with whatever was available at the time (Ariza, Brewer, Smith).

1 person likes this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Parsons had nothing to do with getting Bosh. Parsons was a bad mistake plan and simple.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Same here....sad season. I'm regretting buying NBA league pass for the first time in....ever.

1 person likes this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Same team in roster as last year's but least watchable team in a decade.

1 person likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If he's Morey I'm jumping aboard the fire Morey bandwagon quickly, lol.