1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Objectively, these Rockets are unwatchable garbage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NicktheBrick, Feb 7, 2016.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Depends on what your definition of re-build is and to what extent.
    IMO the following is needed.
    1: Get a GOOD coach, with good coaching staff and a gameplan.
    2: Pre-season with Point 1 in place which also allows that coaching staff to assess the herd of cattle they have and which are excess and what skillsets are required.
    3: Go to the market to get the pieces required to fit the system that's in place.

If you get point 1 right, then players like Harden will show more respect (like on Team USA).

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have to agree, unwatchable garbage. Honestly, I've stopped watching.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Whether something is watchable or not can never be judged "objectively." Other than that, I tend to agree to a certain extent.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I have too, I'm actually surprised everyone is still so upset. They've been playing like this all season at this point you are expecting a miracle if you expect them to turn this around this year or even play as if they want to turn it around, lol. If the Rockets win I watch if they don't I don't watch. The other day I didn't even know they played. Everyday I get a little closer to unbothered about the Rockets. Who cares just blow it up. Start all over with all new everything, maybe keep Harden and Dmo thats it and if you trade Harden oh well just get Simmons in the process. I'd rather watch us rebuild than this crap.

5. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm glad i only ordered one month of league pass instead of the season

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I disagree with this statement. Rockets suck and are painful to watch. Their defense alone makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Hardens defense makes me want to puke. JB's coaching makes me throw things at my TV and Dwight's horrible free throw shooting, insanely bad post shots and whiny b****ing every time a call doesn't go his way makes me want to go club baby seals. I haven't even started on Corey Brewer's horrible three point shooting, Complete lack of bball IQ and inability to dribble the ball without it going off his knee or foot. Objectively speaking the only reason you watch the Rockets play is if you are a die hard fan even then you are a glutton for punishment and if you are not a die hard fan you would really have to love bad basketball with literally no defense being played at all to "want" to watch the Rockets play. I have never hated a Rockets team before never, this year comes close. I've never hated a Rockets player other than Scottie Pippen and Corey Brewer has somehow achieved something no one has done in 20 years. Yeah they are unwatchable, truer words have never been spoken.

7. BackdoorHarden

Name me one TOP 100 players on the NBA list of top 100 NBA player, who is currently retired and in that list and not in the HOF?

8. soupman

soupman Member

There is mothing wrong with Moreyball in principle or practice. The problem with Houston is they do not have the proper talent to execute it. The team assembled to play that method has not the skills to do so. 3-pointers, lay-ups and free throws work unless you cannot shoot 3s consistently and you cannot shoot FTs consistently and you do not play defense consistently. The problem is not with the strategy. The problem is the talent accumulated to execute it. The latter has been the failure of the front office, and the front office refuses to change the strategy to accommodate the skills of the players. Regardless, no team can win, whatever the strategy, with the defensive effort these guys give. I have been a devout fan since the days of Moses Malone and Robert Reid. But watching this team hurts.

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is pretty much spot on. I do not like the system the Rockets run, but it theoretically could work with the right combination of players and execution. Unfortunately, this group does not have it, and it doesn't seem like they ever will. Something happened between the end of last season and the start of this one, and the chemistry is GONE. This team, as currently constructed, has absolutely no chance whatsoever of doing anything memorable. Les knows it. It will all be over soon enough.

10. WestendMassive

Completely agree that the Rockets are unwatchable.

Now that Ballstreams is dead I have no way to watch other than forking out for International League Pass.

But with the entertainment factor of these bunch of clowns being so low, that's not happening.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I went to NOLA for Mardu Gras weekend. Not for a moment did I think of watching this game on Saturday. Just did a quick glance at the box score,saw Harden with 10 TO and that's it

I may do more of that

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

alrighty then, who's looking forward to Tuesday's game????

:grin:

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Hit it right in the fkn nail

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Had to get that Harden dig in there, lol.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wonder what Clutch's opinion on this Rockets team is.

16. Totino Boy

Totino Boy New Member

what a lost season.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

I stopped watching like 2-3 weeks ago. And being DMo only fan has nothing to do with it. I used to watch every game for 4-5 years now, even when DMo was in Europe or Dleague, or injured, I'd still watch Rockets games, because it was worth it. Now I'd rather watch some other team. Besides, GSW, OKC are playing almost every day, so there's really very little reason for self torture watching rocketball.

18. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Thankfully, I gave up watching. Couldn't be happier.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

And for those who say "oh you're not a Rockets fan if you don't watch em when they're struggling" - we stopped watching because this team stopped fighting. It's not because they're bad that we don't watch, it's because they don't try to be good. Even Sixers, who are bad, try to be good. Rockets have no excuse to be bad.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% on Morey, he built a 3 and D team with players that can't shoot 3s and don't play D.

DD

1 person likes this.