1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Objectively, these Rockets are unwatchable garbage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NicktheBrick, Feb 7, 2016.

1. bmd

bmd Member

I haven't even been watching the games for the past month or so. They suck.

1 person likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think Houston is waiting for the Astros to start!

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Harden for Griffin would be a smart play imo... plus maybe we could get some 'sweetners'... both need to mature, but Griffin at least has consistent fire on the court...
    I'd rather have Blake/Thornton than TJones/Harden....

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Last year was an amazing season

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Rockets are lucky that Houston is generally apathetic towards the Rockets/NBA if things aren't going really well.... they honestly deserve to be publicly shamed for their embarrassing performance thus far.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just not a very good team. Talent way over-rated

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The TALENT is there... there's just no cohesion, no team play, no development, no rhythm and flow... there is only James... ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Harden and Howard need a coach with two things:

1) Someone who will hold them accountable for lapses on offense (Howard) and defense (Harden).
    2) Someone who will not be undermined by management. We all know Morey's system and if the players feel like the coach is a puppet, then there's no real incentive to listen to the guy. It's like having a manager tell you something when you know his superior is going to tell you his word means nothing anyway. How can you listen to and respect someone like that?

That being said, if the players don't like having someone hold their feet to the fire, then yes ship them off. Championship players don't back down from challenges (which makes me question Lebron as well) Tim has always dealt with Pop. Brady has always absorbed Belichik. Control freak players may win here and there (Lebron, Manning) but typically don't build dynasties.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Outside of Harden, I don't see that. None of these guys were established offensive threats on other teams.

Lawson was in decline last year and a shell of his former self. This is true of Brewer. Ariza has had one good year in this league but never has been known for offense. Howard is not a post up player. Bev is not a creator, neither is Jones or capela.

You have a team of guys that depend on others to help them score. That is the problem with this team. It's the James Harden show. He doesn't have a pippen. There isn't a guy who can create for other people and Howard is no Shaq or even a Yao.

That is why this team is mediocre.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yup, even when we win it's ugly ass hell. It's just because we make our threes and or Harden scoring 30-50 points. The only worse we played was Francis & Mobley jacking it up, but at least those guys competed.

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

We need Griffin to beat some sense into Harden

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ty Lawson almost averaged a double double with assists last season. 15 and 9.6 is a shell of his former self?

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFCDKBl8Skw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. malakas

malakas Member

If I wanted to watch just great team basketball I would have become a Spurs fan.
    But it's not that they are unwatchable. It's that a lot of games they DO NOT TRY. They don't give two craps.

I have watched a lot of games between bad teams this year. Only Philly before the Ish trade looked so disinterested like the Rockets.
    A lot of games I feel angry and disrespected as a fan and then I just give up and just..laugh. Because in the end it's laughable what we are watching.

15. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

I think the screenplay is a product of its leading actor.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Seriously, this is 100% truth.

I cringe watch these guys lately, sometimes I'm barely even watching them? When they played the Suns I was playing a game on the computer while 'Watching' them.

I usually start off watching them...then they get down 20 and I say forget it...then they come back and I return.

I mean that's the pattern of nearly every game now. I usually multi-task while watching them.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It makes me miss the years when guys like Kyle Lowry was our best player. At least then, the effort was there.

Can we trade James for Lowry now?

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I posted about these exact teams a few times ! They picked those teams to be bottom dwellers many times and all they did was play around .500 with tough gritty play. We had no expectations for those teams so it was fun to watch them but they never were embarrassed like this lazy team we root for now !!!!!

19. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

OP is right, team is absolute garbage to watch.

I don't know why I keep following this team.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It pains me to say this, but I absolutely hate what this team has become. I haven't watched a game in weeks, and I regret nothing.