1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Objective headlines on Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jan 22, 2015.

?

Does it irk you to see an article say that GS "exposed" us on the home page of our fans' s

1. Si

14.1%
  2. No

85.9%
  1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Does it irritate anyone else when you try to get away from the Houston hatred on every media site to come to the Clutchfans homepage and see an article saying that Golden State "exposed" us?

The rest of CF is great, especially now that the LOFs are gone, but that is one thing that has always annoyed me. I remember once for an entire offseason the homepage had the scoreline of our loss to New Orleans.

I would prefer for the home page to be a little more homer.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets havent given any reason for constant sunshine pumping.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So being objective is a problem now?

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I have absolutely no problem with Clutch calling the team out. The entire BBS shares his frustration with the team. We have been consistently exposed by the Warriors. Seems about as close to objective as you could get.

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

It's not at all. Objective journalism is great. That being said, it irks me to come onto our fan "locker room" if you will, and read an article on the home page that said that our team was "exposed". It irks me to see a score that we lost posted for an entire offseason.

Just speaking my mind.

Like I said, CF is great in almost every other aspect IMO.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

That's what separates this site from whatever the the Royce Youngs and Ethan Strausses do. The people that run this site are going to keep it real instead of over-the-top homerisms from other fan sites.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I been saying this some people on this site hate the truth. No matter how true what you are saying is, they will label you a hater and a knee jerker because they can't handle reality.

8. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

It doesn't take being objective to realize this team has been getting exposed. What did you want to be written? "Rockets played a hell of a game!" Then someone would've complained about the homerism lol.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think the ultimate homer is going to call out his team for what it is or isn't. A casual homer is just really a fair weather fan who always thinks it's sunny.

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

That's if you view it as "keeping it real"

The way I view the word "exposed" is that our record of being one of the top teams in the league is not what it really is. As in, they exposed to everyone who the Rockets really are.

It sounds like something that the GS fans would yell at rockets fans after the game, in the parking lot.

I guess the issue is that this is NOT a neutral site. This is a Houston Rockets site, and I think objective would be more along the lines of "The Rockets, one of the top offensive teams in the league, were out of character as they struggled on the offensive end on Wednesday when they lost to the team with the highest record in the league"

11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

you have just described 90% of america, clutchfans is no different

the truth shall set you free (from _OFs)

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Um, we are not "one of the top offensive teams in the league." We rank a very average 14th in offensive efficiency -- dead last among the teams currently in the Western Conference playoff picture. We were likewise not "out of character" last night. Lethargic starts, unforced turnovers (again, more turnovers than any other playoff team in either conference), lazy defense, and stagnant offense when Harden isn't on the floor are the norm as of late, rather than the exception.

So you basically want lies. LOL.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As it's written by a human, and not a machine, there will always be some element of subjective opinion to it anyways.

I consider it a nice dose of reality. I don't want to read that even Fearless Leader Clutch is in denial.

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is exactly the crap I don't get. Guys like you that go out of your way to be subjective AGAINST us. Nobody who knows basketball cares about a TEAM's offensive efficiency. You can have a team that plays ISO with a great shooter who runs out the clock each play and have great efficiency but lose every game. We fluctuate daily between 6-8 in the league in offense, while our "lazy defense" keeps us at 9th in the league. This is while we're playing in the toughest division in the league.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There are plenty of us that don't knee jerk after every result, Clutch is one of them. But some results are genuinely frightening. Losing in that manner, to a team that has beaten us thrice, and just blew us out was a frightening result, anybody that feels otherwise is in denial.

Either there is something very wrong with our squad, or the Warriors are far and away the best team in the NBA, and I don't think it's the latter, although I do think they are the best team at the moment.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Thabk you.

The only issue i would have with a headline like that is it implies our normal play is better than what we showed against the warriors. If anything, the headline is much too kind to the team. A more objective headline would be "rockets play the same kind of game they always do, resulting in another loss to an above average team"

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

Honestly I just wanted to throw in a dig at Royce Young and Ethan Strauss

18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What sucks is that rockets players that read this forum have to see crap like this while they go out and play some of the best basketball we've seen in a while, keeping us as one of the best teams in the league while we miss our starting PF. They do read the forums and I hate how ungrateful some of these fans are.

19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

OP is an ignorant fool. Keep believing that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are real. This is a fan forum. If you've been a life long Rockets fan you've endured 20 years of playoff futility even with very talented rosters. Pardon the some of us who are kind of sick of flaming out of the first round of every year. "They hate us cuz they anus".

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

First of all, I'm a girl. Secondly, you don't seem to want to hear anything other than "the Rockets are playing great, and the games against GSW were a fluke," when that simply isn't true.

And your theory is incorrect -- there are no crappy teams ranked above us in offensive efficiency. Only the rest of the teams in the playoff picture + New Orleans. Want to know what teams are at the bottom? Sixers. Knicks. Indy. T-Wolves. You know -- teams that struggle to score. I suppose that's purely coincidental, though. :rolleyes: But hey, let's just rate our offense by the average number of points scored per game. No need to account for those other pesky factors that go into offensive efficiency ratings -- you know, like field goal percentage and turnovers and stuff. It's not like any of that matters in determining the quality of your offense.

And nearly everyone uses defensive efficiency as a metric to measure the quality of a team's defense. You may recall that we were 2nd only to GSW in defensive efficiency until a few weeks ago, which everybody kept citing in support of our improvement on that end of the floor. We're now 4th. Is that terrible? No. But does it show that our defense is gradually slipping (which matches what nearly every poster on this board has noticed with their own eyes and noted on this forum)? Yes.

Who gives AF if players stumble upon the board and read the truth? They aren't playing well lately. THEY know they aren't playing well lately and say so every time they're behind a microphone. I guess the Rockets players themselves are being "subjective against us" too, when they continue to talk about the issues that plague this team as of late -- turnovers, poor defense, and lethargic starts being among the issues they consistently discuss in post-practice and post-game interviews.

If you can't handle truthful content, maybe you should consider starting your own forum.