1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's birthday party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 9, 2021.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I take this as an admission that you have zero evidence of Obama supporting mask mandates.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. SuraGotMadHops

Good job missing the point.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

biden has a mask mandate ?

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I like obama and I am not mad at at him for ignoring the guidelines.

TWS1986 and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  5. DonnyMost

I didn't miss it. Your point just sucks.

6. SuraGotMadHops

Man I love goal post moving.....many lefties browbeat and label those who are unvaxxed and without masks as selfish and irresponsible. But when a well regarded lefty hosts a party, indoors, that had some unvaxxed and unmasked guests. "Well that's ok because he never said he was supportive of mandates"

If Trump had a party like that yall would've called for his head. It's either irresponsible or it isnt.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

what guidelines did he ignore ?

8. DonnyMost

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The CDC guideline for large gathering has a link to this: When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated | CDC

So, @Astrodome, which guideline did he ignore?

10. DonnyMost

Right off the bat it looks like these guidelines were ignored.

1) Wear a mask

2) Stay at least 6 feet away from people who do not live with you

3) Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated indoor spaces (possibly but not certain)

Add in the fact that Martha's Vineyard is listed as "high transmission" and that the guest list warranted air travel from all over the globe.

As long as vaccination was mandated, I don't think any of this matters. If they didn't mandate vaccination, it would be obviously irresponsible.

Nook and Astrodome like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The portion you highlighted for starters.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

To be an insensitive b*stard for a moment, should the risks faced by J&J-vaccinated people be a concern of mine?

American rugged individualism is making coordinated actions for the common good impossible. The Greatest Generation fought wars, rebuilt the postwar world, created the UN, eradicated multiple diseases with global vaccination campaigns. And look at us now.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the tent is "indoors" but I don't think it's "public."

14. DonnyMost

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, we are just going to ignore that CDC mask recommendation was dropped after the date of that CDC link (May 2021) and that mask recommendation was added back later (July 2021) for indoor in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So much seething.

Only Tramp knows how to throw successful superspreader events again and again and again, amirite?

What a flop!
    This is where Con rhetoric about "y u no think individuals should make Decisions For Themselves???" flops in debates.

The same group goes around and assume the worst with zero evidence to the contrary.

Now I'm led to believe they are Outraged that some party attendees were not vaccinated and maskless.

But if they can't prove it, it's still lazy old projection tactics they learned from their ugly sumbitch scumbag savior after 4 straight years of repetition.

TWS1986 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Technically it's not public, but it's public since it involves many folks outside his family (public or not is all about meeting people you don't regularly see). Technically it's outdoor and it is in fact "outdoor" since there is much more fresh air circulation (indoor vs outdoor is all about air circulation so virus don't hover in an area).

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think so — but then again I happen to have a close family member who got that vaccine so maybe I’m biased.

It depends on the risks in the end, right? If you choosing to wear a mask on a particular outing will end in certain hospitalization of another person, I hope you’d agree that you should be concerned about that.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The trials are different, so you can't do a simple apple to apple comparison between any of the vaccines. In real-world application, I don't know if we have enough data on J&J. But I did read one report (J&J 8M data) that shows J&J improving over time (vs Pfz which loses some eff over time).

J&J’s one dose vaccine shows efficiency against the delta variant | India News (timesnownews.com)

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I saw that and was encouraged by it, but late July a report came out that showed J&J not having the same efficacy against Delta as the mRNA. In Europe, it's apparently not so uncommon for people who got the single dose vaccines to supplement with another vaccine. FDA hasn't approved that here yet, and not sure if it will happen any time soon.

Amiga likes this.