1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's birthday party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no, you need to say what about Trump ;)

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. HardenVolumeOne

who in the media ever brings up Obama lol. Dude was just partying maskless and it got no media coverage

meanwhile on cnn and msnbc they can’t go 2 hours without mentioning trumps name

Nook, RKREBORN and Astrodome like this.
  4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Have you? Here is a checklist. Do think the election was stolen? Do you believe covid is real? Do you believe in masking? Vaccines? Facts? Was the insurrection by trumpers, or antifa in disguise? If you still believe trumps crap, you haven’t moved on. Trumpism still lives in you.

The border situation … what exactly is different than under trumps administration? (except that we aren’t wasting money on more useless wall). It’s the same policy. People keep coming to the border. The only difference is we don’t have to listen to trumps rhetoric. Perhaps Biden should just order border patrol to start shooting and ask questions after?

FrontRunner, mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Biden won the election
    Covid is real
    Masking is a thing and I participate.
    I am vaxxed.
    Jan 6 pissed me off.

The border situation makes me mad because these folks are streaming in at a higher rate than ever before. This shouldn't happen during a pandemic. More than a few have covid-19. He invited them.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so people shouldn't be desparate in a pandemic?

hi literally invited people who wasn't panning on to illegallly cross the border?

and florida and texas sitiuation has to do more with immigrants coming in than anti-vax/mask/science?

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Out of curiosity are you a Conservative Republican????

Just curious... Because there is a difference witht he Republican Party now adayas...
    I know people on this board giving you a crap...

But you gained my respect for this post....

We all have our differences and I appreciate that..

T_Man

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

OP's title should've been
    Congratulations to Pres Obama

Opportunities missed. Memes dashed.

Astrodome and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Who really cares about that LOSER.WPE

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

The Florida and Texas situations are more about two dumbos trying to impress a clown that will not ever be in the Oval office again.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Chrissy Teigen was pissed at the door guy for letting Tom Hanks walk in with out his vax card. She had to run back out the 'copter and grab hers.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Astrodome likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His tweet said being UNvaccinated or UNmasked indoors was like asking for Covid. So exactly what's the problem if they were vaccinated????

I mean, it just seems like you and others like Fox News just cherry pick words to spin the left into this hypocritical machine that justifies the hate and ignoring of liberals.

"Oh look that reporter triggers us with 'sophisticated'. Oh look, Obama has a birthday party! How horrible is that after all our Maga rallies? Oh look, the left are hypocrites because they release Co2 into the air - they aren't allowed to drive, use plastics, or breathe if they want to be pro-environment!!!"

I'm so sick of this bs schtick.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Jordan fails to mention that everyone at Obama's birthday was vaccinated.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You do realize the Delta variant came from India right?

Other than Covid (which you cannot prove us here solely because of illegal immigration) in what ways has Mexican or South American immigrants impacted your life negatively?

Also as mad as you are at Obama and Biden about it, what do you do to punish those who hire them here in Texas. Do you refuse to go to Houston restaurants who directly or indirectly hire them? I worked in the industry for years. You know how many wonderful people I knew from El Salvador who worked the dishwasher or came by to deliver amazing fresh veggies for cheap? How about home owners that use them for cash renovations to get dream projects done that they couldn’t afford if they went through a large construction company. Are you just as upset with them as you are with Obama?

Especially in Texas we have benefited greatly from immigrants. Never have I ever felt like there was a threat especially of disease. Yes there needs to be better border processes to control the inflow better but that’ll require resources only to be provided in a large immigration bill that has been blocked for years in Congress. Obama had no role in blocking legislation. He actually encouraged it. Were you just as mad at Ted Cruz who had a larger role in blocking immigration legislation??

Im glad you are vaxxed and more reasonable than most foxnews watchers that I know. But there’s still a lot of missed context in what you believe are your reasons for still supporting the party who fully intends on nominating Trump again and the party who actively advocates for a move to an authoritarian soviet style of government like Russia and Hungary.

I’ll never tell you that you should just all the sudden be a Democrat but I will tell you that the Republican Party is in a much darker place. Constructive criticism of Democrats and their policies is a good thing. Bad faith attacks that only assist the party of Trump are just going to get met with eye rolls and whatever point there is to be made is lost on contact.

#56 dobro1229, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    eric.81 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather not get into specific details but my family has been adversely affected by crime committed by illegal immigrants. Not all of these people are great like you try to portray. I have had much better interactions with immigrants who did it the legal way which I support.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

His tweet says unvaxxed and/or unmasked. They were unmasked. Are they asking for it Lew?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No because they were vaccinated and JL is clearly saying that if you are unvaccinated or if you are unvaccinated & unmasked you are taking a big risk. You are too literally interpreting his syntax without considering what he is actually trying to say.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It’s amazing how many people continue to let the idiots at Fox News dictate how they look at things.

FrontRunner likes this.