1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama to McCain: You are old and stupid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Apollo Creed, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/obama;_ylt=AjBEM_c1JtktEzkbyLx8nJBsnwcF

I took a few liberties with that headline, but hey, I guess that's the point he's trying to make. A rather harsh turn in tone for Obama, but it's probably in his best interest, as McCain being out of touch is a real issue for them.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If I were to adopt Karl Rove's mind, I'd hammer the point that McCain is brittle and Palin will be president. One heartbeat, one red button away.

It can get real ugly and real disapointing.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What happened to HOPE? What happened to the new politics of Obama? What happened to no negative campaigning?

Oh yeah. The polls happened.

....just another liberal...

4. conquistador#11

how long before George starts the 'liberal commie pigs have no respect for senior citizens' thread?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good job Obama...fight fire with fire.

DD

6. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

You seem so confident, then take the bet. It is put or shut up time, caballero.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQ2I0t_Twk0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQ2I0t_Twk0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Does a president ever use email? This is a serious question. I don't remember ever hearing Bill Clinton or Bush use it. Is email considered "secure" enough for a president?

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Unfortunately the average American voter still responds to Jerry Springer-style sensationalism. You'd think they would've learned after the past 8 years but it looks like that's asking too much.

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Do you mean like the email ad?

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to imagine a person that powerful and ingrained in society not being able to use e-mail. There are two reasons you have not heard about either Clinton or Bush using e-mail. When Clinton was President, the Internet age was dawning. Tons of people were logging on for the first time every day. It stands to reason that Clinton was not comfortable with the idea of switching over at the time. However, the Internet is such a vital part of our lives in 2008 that Bush using e-mail is probably a given. I mean, somebody has to be be forwarding those anti-Obama e-mails.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Was my post too confusing? Yes, this is exactly my point, the email ad too. Most of that was petty, besides the tax cut issue.

But this is what works in today's day and age. And Obama would be damned if did, damned if he didn't. McCain's onslaught of ads appeals to the lowest common denominator and that's what will stay in their minds when they go to the voting booths if there is no corresponding response. They really don't care about issues. An entire ad devoted to linking Obama to Paris Hilton? Words can't describe how stupid that is.

On a side note, not using email is very maverick-like.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He means all the negative McCain attack ads that Obama has been forced to respond to with the email ad.

14. adoo

adoo Member

u need to direct your question to the double-talk express

15. adoo

adoo Member

u need to direct your question to the doubl-talk express, member of Keatings 5, from AZ.

Karl Rove and members of W's campaign team from 2000, the same one that spread the falsehood (in So Carolina) that McCain had father a Black child, have been the architect of McCains's negative campaign.

the double-talk express can't beat Obama on the issues, so the only viable option is to spread lies about Obama,

it is about time that Obama fights back.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The US isn't a two party country...it's a one party country...the GOP. If the Republicans continue to control the White House, the Democrats should be moved into the same category as the Green and other irrelevant parties.

That's what this election is to me. I will not support the party of Charlie Brown anymore.

17. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Gotta fight fire with fire...If that's the thing that gets through to the voters so be it.

At least this ad is spitting out all facts and not blatant lies like the McCain camp.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fight fire with fire. we can't let Palin get close to the presidency. This isn't about politics anymore - it's really about all of our security. It's time to set politics aside Trader - and time to realize that Palin is a threat to all of us.

It's your duty now to prevent her from taking us to really dark places. Obama must win at any costs. Even you must see the danger of a Palin presidency after that ABC interview.

19. bucket

bucket Member

Since when does Obama's rhetoric about working together with Republicans to get legislation passed have anything to do with an inability to criticize his opponent in a truthful manner?

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Why email when you're used to talking to foreign leaders, congress, and anyone that matters FACE to FACE?

McCain does it the old fashioned way... and I see no problem with that.

Furthermore, if an email is needed -even Obama's staffers handle it for him- the staff usually generates, after dictation, and editing...

Are people this naive? Even large companies use these practices. Ever heard an exec say "Let me dictate a letter?" Same principle.

If anything, 'd suspect given McCain's limited shoulder movement, it might be a bit uncomfortable to sit and type, much less personally hand write a message for any extended length of time.

This political ad is a super-duper POOR attempt at a "comeback."