1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Proves He's a Closet Muslim -- Screws Israel with Abstention

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Dec 23, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zionists attacked, wiped out massacred villages, yes. The war was being waged on both ends prior to the formation of Israel. The Zionists were indeed attacking Palestinian villages, so the war upon the formation of Israel wasn't a new thing, but there was finally a nation upon which to make a formal declaration.

You can read about the Deir Yassin massacre if you'd like.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Just imagine for a second if the roles were reversed and Muslims were taking Jewish land. Can you imagine the outcry by the United States? The sad part about it is that this settlement expansion has been ongoing for decades and a single abstain vote in the U.N. has created this much upheaval. Sad really.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Israel has spent decades sending its lobbyists scurrying around to get the US to shield them at the UN. The only reason Israel isn't a world pariah is because the US has blocked resolution after resolution. Obama should have used his UN vote as a more powerful weapon to get Israel to comply. Trump will be back to giving Israel a blank check so opportunity lost there.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think Eisenhower was the exception.

for Trump , he is nervously waiting for this veto:

Officials from US President-elect Donald Trump's White House transition team have raised concern to Israel over questions concerning the legitimacy of Ivanka Trump's conversion to Judaism, the Jewish Week on Wednesday cited a source close to the matter as saying.

“An approval by the Chief Rabbinate is seen as making for a closer personal relationship between the Trump family and Israel, and it is a step that is warmly welcomed,” the New York-based Jewish publication quoted the source as saying."

from personal thumb's like observation : I don't think she was paying attention to what's Rabbi had said on Saturday...,she is not even worried, maybe Trump should be getting the approval to himself .

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

Reading the last few pages reminded me why I stopped having discussions with people here in the first place.
    You want to just throw half truth and hate for your agenda or in the sake of winning some kind of argument on the internet? No problem, go ahead.
    As an Israeli I have many issues with my government. But if you are threatening my country and its right of existence?
    I have nothing to say to you. If the Palastinians/Arab world believes they can take on Israel by force? They can try, and they will lose. Again and again and again.
    The only real threat to the country is a 1 state solution. And this is why I'm so against this government actions.
    If the Palastinians wants a bigger country than what is offered to them? Well they have Jordan. They can try there. Where 70% of the population is Palastinian.
    Israel don't need the US as much as you think. The US hasn't been an ally until they understood it was in their best interest.
    The US has never done anything against its own interests.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey Israel is still fighting for a Jewish privileged state in all or virtually all of historic Palestine, no doubt about that. I and probably most people think South Africa is the best analogy of what is to come so there is hope for a modern democracy with equal rights for all. I don't see Israel getting away with massive ethnic cleansing beyond what has been practiced to date and I think Apartheid as practiced in Israel cannot withstand world opinion, including among younger American Jews who increasingly view Israeli treatment of the Palestinians as embarrassing.

7. glynch

Hey at least you have not called us anti-Semites.

Well at least you are not pretending to be actually interested in what is best for the US anymore.

8. Nivos

Nivos Member

I am always interested in what's best for the US. And the world is better under the US lead than any other option, regardless its approach towards Israel.
    US will never be Israel's enemy even if they will not be direct allys as they share the same values.
    I am also very critical about my own government and its decisions.
    I know it's hard for some of you guys to comprehend but someone can be a proud secular and a proud Jew. He can be a patriot and a Zionist as well as being left wing and liberal. He can defend his country to his last breath when being attacked and still refuse to put on the uniform behind the 67' borders risking prison. He can critisize the Palastinians and still risk his life to help them with projects involving environment, education and women's rights.
    These are the conflicts that we have to live with. You can't even begin to understand that.
    I am very hard on using the anti-Semitism card although it is what drives the extreme left in Europe.
    When there are ideas or videos that are anti-Semite (or anti Jews) I'll point it out, but it's not the main issue. And to be honest since we have a country, I do not care too much about anti-Semites. I can defend my self and my country can and will defend me.
    I am willing to speak with anyone, as long as he is willing to recognise that I am standing right in front of him.

#168 Nivos, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Palestinians at this point deserve their state more. My reasons are simple and pragmatic. Isrealis are far more welcomed in high standard of living Western nations. Palestinians or brown Muslim looking people are obviously less welcomed. An Israeli citizen has more freedom of movement to escape his or her predicament in Israel if **** becomes too dangerous. The US will easily grant an Israeli a visa and entrance into the US. A Palestinian in Gaza? **** no. They have no choice in their predicament put to stay where they are and either take it up the butt or fight.

What frustatres me more is the thousands upon thousands of Israeli migrants who lived PERECTLY fine lives in the suburbs of some American metro living a upper middle class life and moving to the illegal settlements adding more fuel to the ****ing fire. **** people like that. The Palestinians you are are squatting have no ****ing choice you pricks. You left the comfort of your first world standard of living to rile up the hornet's nest.

I wouldn't mind if EVERY single Israeli citizen came here to the US and settled here. It would solve so many problems and honestly the Israelis would be the winners. They get to live in a safer region and still not face persecution. If a brown Muslim looking man like me feels safe to live in the US, a Jewish person should also. Any other reason to stay in Israel is for selfish fairy tale reasons. The pragmatic thing to do is move to a safer place that welcomes you that also has a high standard of living. The other people you are diametrically opposed to don't have that option.

10. glynch

Actually you don't share the some very important values of present day Americans. It is true that like us many of your settlers also came from Europe. You believe in a state that privileges one religion or ethnicity over the others. You do not for instance believe in giving Palestinians the same rights that we give Native Americans who are all citizens of the United States and are free to travel freely throughout the country You wish to keep the Palestinians out of the lands your group has seized.

11. Nivos

Nivos Member

Wow! So much bullshit I can't believe it.
    They deserve a country because they are brown? There are no brown Jewish people I understand? All the ones that were chased away from their homes in the Arab world? There are no Black Jews like the Ethiopeans that have been forced to tatoo crosses on their foreheads?
    This is a really racist post.
    The Palastinians deserves a country because as a people that identify themselves as Palastinians they want the right for self amencipation. They deserve a country because they want a country that they can call their own and not be ruled by a minority (like in Jordan).
    They have the same rights to a country as the jews have. Not more not less.
    Unfortunately for them they have lost the wars, and their option is to have a smaller country than they want.
    They should take that option because no way in hell 8 million Jews will move tomorrow to the states. Hey, I'll take that. I'll even go to Nabraska or even Florida or whatever if you give me a country there. That'll be awesome. Very kind of you.

12. Nivos

Nivos Member

Again you are lying very comfortably and that's disturbing. Inside of Israel's border, there is no discrimination over religion or ethnicity by law. There are racist incidents unfortunately like the rest of the western world, but the law is not discriminative what so ever.
    The only law that is favoring Jews is the 'right of return' that is welcoming every Jew to immigrate to Israel without having to go through the rough immigration procedure that every country has.
    To me it is an outdated law that need to be cancelled. It was made to collect the refugees from the wars and from the Soviet Union. By now a lot of Jewish in France are feeling the anti-Semite wave are immigrating to Israel but I agree that this law should be cancelled with the peace treaty.
    Other than that, I am very much against the military presence behind the 67' borders. And in there, with a nomandsland regarding goverance there are many conflicts. But they are all based on security desicions of a sovereign country and not race or ethnicity.
    You don't accept that the Jews need to have a country, that's your problem, not mine.
    My problem is to make sure my country will continue its values of progress, technology and education for the prosperity of its citizens.
    I feel the Palastinian leaders should have the same goals for their people instead of trying to denying the Israelis right of existence.
    Once they will share the same values, and many Palastinians I speak with understand that and pushing for it then the peace is near. All you need is to believe and support the same values.

13. fchowd0311

Israeli citizens - more freedom of movement. More choices to live in comfortable first world standard of living lives in many other parts of the world

Palestinians - restrcited freedom of movement. Far less of a chance of having a visa accepted to escape to the US.

Those are very simple facts. Israelis are more welcomed in the States and have easier access to the States... MUCH easier access. Yes, have all 8 million of them move here. I wouldn't mind. Many of them are high skilled proffesionals. I'll gladly have them here safe and not stirring up a hornet's nest. It's pragmatic. It's practical. Everyone wins except those who cling on to fairy tales.

#173 fchowd0311, Dec 30, 2016
  14. Nivos

Nivos Member

Again, I'll take that proposal and I agree that it will do good to both the Israelis moving there and the American economy. Is it realistic? Will the Americans agree to take 8,000,000 immigrants and pay for their homes and businesses they are leaving behind (and in Israel properties are expensive and businesses are blooming, believe me).
    If that's the case, I'll move tomorrow and so will more than half of the Israelis. And leave the religious and fanatics behind. Unfortunately that's not the realistic option. A 2 state solution seems like a fairy tale but it sure is more realistic than what you are suggesting.

15. fchowd0311

I mean it would obviously be a gradual proccess that would take a couple of years to a decade. But it's an extreme hypothetical of a best case scenario that will never happen. I understand that.

#175 fchowd0311, Dec 30, 2016
  16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Cut the BS and lies. Seriously, what a logic failure on your part. First off, the Jews have no problems with Muslims inside Israel! Have you ever been there? Why are Muslims so intolerant such that Jews can't live in the West Bank? (and of course not even to mention that Israel won this land in battle after Egypt stupidly poked Israel, prompting the 6 day war in which Israel won decisively)

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Thanks for proving my point. Those three nations were NEVER attacked. It was an unprovoked war and since then they have sought the cessation of Israel.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you think Israel didn't just annex the West Bank and Gaza? It's because they don't want all those Muslims inside Israel. I don't blame them, because then there would be more Muslims than Jews in the Jewish state of Israel (current numbers would be about 6.4 million Muslims and 6.2 million Jews with Muslim populations in Israel/Palestine currently expanding much faster than Jewish ones)., but your claim isn't true.

Settlements are a way to take the land and push the Muslims back without having to bring them into Israel.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Strawman and deflection. This isn't about why Israel didn't annex the West Bank and Gaza. You're trying to say that Israel doesn't want Muslims in her borders, which is an outright lie and not reflective of the situation there.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Israel is better about Muslims than vice versa, but it isn't absolute love and there are plenty of Israeli Jews who think all Muslim Israelis are traitors, just as there are some Muslims who are willing to accept an extreme minority of Jews so long as they are willing to get kicked around.

I remember a Jewish History professor who related a tale of a visit to a North African Muslim community. When he showed up, everybody was hostile to him. Eventually he figured out why. TheY though he, as a Jew, had come to take away the only Jew in the village, and they loved him because he made all the alcohol that all the Muslims in town drank, and they were afraid of losing their alcohol supply.

You are creating a false dichotomy. Israel is more accepting, but it isn't absolute, just as Muslim rejection of Jews isn't absolute.

It's not as simple as Jews love Muslims and Muslims hate Jews. That is my point, sorry if it's to nuanced for you.