1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Obama or Romney?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets_Fan15, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ILoveTheRockets

If you want jobs created, Romney or Obama or not the people for that.

Romney and Obama are both huge on private sector, which we all know, the private sector is not the best at creating mass-jobs at any point in history.

I think I'll be voting for Romney(democrat here) only because I believe he has more business side to his politics, which we may or may not need, but will IMHO benefit the American people in some other way.

As you tell from Economic evidence, the economy started bottoming out yearrrrs ago, due to heavy investments in the private sector(huge cooperations) and less investments in the public sector/unions.

Romney isn't the guy we want when it comes to creating jobs(as governor, his state has had the worst job growth since the recession)

2. ILoveTheRockets

Clinton also tried to put major regulations in before all of that mess. Which REPUBLICANS fail to realize/ won't acknowledge.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

wait.....you're a democrat. Think economic woes were due to private sector investment over public sector/unions. Yet Romney's your guy?

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is an insanely high standard for a person. No one is perfect.

5. ILoveTheRockets

Private Sector Corporations, not small business owners. Which you can compare economic stats to the public sector stats.

Since Obama has drawn the attention more so to the private sector corporations, and has let the public sector drop more than it has in a long long time, our economy dropped right along with it. The weaker our public sector is, the weaker the economy has become.

Go compare economic charts since reagan with public sector charts since reagan and it pretty much matches exactly the same.

If economy is the #1 issue, I say reworking our public sector and investment in our infrastructure is top priority. This along with rebuilding our Workers Unions to fit into a modern society that is not corrupt and jails corrupt union officials and crooked pensions managers is a step in the right direction into rejuvenating our economy backed by a solid work force that can handle dips in the economy and gives the American People a fighting chance to have a helping hand in our economic woes.

The private sector is not tailor made to mass produce jobs( Which America needs 24 million jobs in the next 3-5 years to prevent our economies bottom from busting wide open). The Public Sector/Unions can do that, IF they can restructure work forces that made this nation the most powerful nation in human history.

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

that's all cool stuff rockets. But Romney's proposing massive cuts to the public sector. And I'm doubting he's union friendly. (and Unions tend not be be small business friendly -- but that's another debate). So if the economy's number one -- and you believe unions and public sector are crucial -- he's not your guy.

If you want a smaller public sector -- and you think he can deliver on his rhetoric -- then OK. But that's not what you're saying.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And it really doesn't matter in the slightest, because the troll who started this thread posted a nonsensical thread in the GARM today. The signature would not fly.

8. ILoveTheRockets

Neither is Obama...

[​IMG]

I guess what I AM saying, is that under Romney, we COULD or Could not have a balance between both sectors, but I fully believe Romney will bring up the balance between the two. Even if it's intentional or unintentional.

9. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

all moot. Sig will be gone when he's tossed.

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Not following your logic there kimosabe. You think it's more probable to bring up the balance between the two with the guy who's explicitly said he wants to drastically reduce the public sector. And who is more philosophically against unions?

I know guys who support Romney specifically because they believe he'll reduce the public sector. You're the first who's suggested the opposite.

11. ILoveTheRockets

Yes sir...

If Romney is elected President of the United States, I fully expect his tone to change concerning the private/public sector's once he gets himself engulfed with senior advisers, and economist that prove to him that his way is wrong, and one of the prime examples is his own state's work force. He won't be able to hide from the facts once in the White House. I Fully expect a 360 by Romney( which maybe an voter issue for me? voting for a guy that has changed his stance?)... either way, I don't think I can throw Democratic Support Obama's way.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good point. He's already make "rookie" status. The next step is "Adios!"

13. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Fair enough, rockets. You're voting for him because you think he'll do the opposite of what he's says he'll do. I really can't argue with that logic. Good luck.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

There is nothing wrong with my info, there is not one person in this forum that has been told to change their sig that posted ONLY in this sub-forum.

I checked to see if the guy posted outside this sub-forum before I posted that.
    He posts in multiple forums here, therefore can not have a political sig.

You really should think more before you try to take me on vis-a-vis regarding forum rules.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And I sincerely hope we don't get "stuck" with him down here, R2K! :-D-

1 person likes this.
  16. Rockets_Fan15

Rockets_Fan15 Rookie

I changed my signature so you guys would drop the subject, but this guy will not let it go. Thank you Rockets2K for clearing this up.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

There is something wrong with your info.

You didn't include the caveat that you knew about. I didn't take you on, I acknowledged your post and added to it.

If you think that statement is adversarial, you are reading more than what is there.

18. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Small businesses are to global corporations as goldfish are to fully-armed military battleships. They have similar contexts, but they're not even in the same order of existence.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And it didn't disappoint!

20. ILoveTheRockets

No, not that he'll do the opposite, he just won't do what he says he will. And I could be totally wrong, and totally out of bounds with it. I'm not saying Romney will turn around and completely disregard the private sector and pamper the public sector.Which he would be totally wrong on doing.

What I am saying is that Romney will have more regard for the field, unlike Obama who pretty much has a total disregard, and tried to save face by offering created jobs that won't be there if re-elected. If American's top issue is the economy, I don't see how Romney can go any other way if he wants a shot at being more than a 1 term president.... if elected