1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Ghraib

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I clicked on the thread and realized it was 2004, before I joined. Don't know if I've posted subsequently, but I can tell you I was similarly disgusted with that incident, and I think the Abu Ghraib soldiers were acting without orders. I don't know all the details to be honest, most of what I remember is from chain mail and general outrage. I can't really go by that.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is about as worse as it gets. Probably only genocide goes beyond what these soldiers have done. They are war criminals and should be treated as such. Best thing is that the U.S. try them and send them to life imprisonment so there can be at least some justice.

Still, I have no idea what the connection is to Obama. I guess that's Basso with a chip on his shoulder from all the bashing he took for defending Cheney.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

An overall policy? Really?

trailer park trash pointing at dude's cranks was Bush policy?

1 person likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Major Gen. Taguba did a whole report on this - and yes he found that they had collaborated with interrogators from other branches of government.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's weird, why is President Obama's name in the thread title?

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yes they were.

in part, yes. and we also know for a fact that the bush administration changed the definition of torture to only be acts that cause organ failure or death, and even in those cases it had to be intentional...so if you accidentally beat a detainee to death it did not count as torture.