1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama dozed, people froze

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

what does that have to do with your complete inaccuracy in this thread?

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It speaks to the culture of corruption that has infested the Democratic party and rendered their ability to govern inadequate -- which explains why Kentuckians are freezing while Obama takes a smoke break.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

which never happened...

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I see this is far short of a denial. Telling. Perhaps, "This is real, folks."

What you see as immature, (irony giggle*) I see as astute data fitting.

* Starts repetitive threads, even when threads on said topic exist. Check. (Why would anyone do this unless they were rewarded per new thread?)
    * Uses thread title language duplicating exact hyperbolic right wing language in play elsewhere. Check. (Why would anyone but a lobotomy patient do this unless they were ordered to do so?)
    * Uses misleading, repetitive, talking point language designed to tear down our new president's standing in the eyes of those reading (e.g. feel the hope). Check. (See lobotomy point above.)
    * Spins every single event to maximize negativity with respect to our commander in chief. Check.
    * Posts 0-1%, on average, of his own thoughts or content. Check.

If he isn't getting paid, I can't figure out what he's getting out of it. Frustrated, I suppose. And repeatedly owned, and ever-more disliked. So I sincerely hope there is compensation, now that I think about it.

* = was going to link to images posted on your "blog," but I can't seem to find the old magnanimo site anymore. :(

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guess you don't want to get that drink next time I'm out your way?

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

FEMA needs a better method of communicating what they are doing, but if you wade through this, there are some numbers that jump out...

http://www.fema.gov/news/recentnews.fema

By the way, part of Obama's stimulus plan calls for a modernization of our electricity grid. I think this just proves the need.

Also, it is interesting that Sen. McConnell would rather play politics with the Stimulus Bill then go to KY and help his constituents, particularly if the response was as abysmal as we have been led to believe.

7. basso

Supporting Member

btw, your list of "offenses" could just as easily be applied to every liberal poster here for the entire 8 year period prior to Jan. 20, 2009.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Sizzle Chest has the social awareness of a child who thinks no one can see him when his hands are over his eyes. I suppose that's what living in San Francisco can do to one's political compass.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a number of differences. The liberal posters do post their own thoughts most of the time.

If they aren't in the initial thread post, the liberal posters will stick around, and discuss and debate their feelings and initial post.

While occasionally a thread might exist and a liberal start one on the same topic, they don't make it a habbit, and usually apologize, and ask that their thread be closed or merged.

You do these things regularly not just once in a while.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

B-Bob, I think you're off-base with the "basso is paid to post" theory. I seriously think he has a mental disorder that compels him to start thread after inaccurate, misleading thread, because his belief that he's pissing off liberals gives him some measure of validation. 9/11 pushed him over the edge.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can get paid to post on Clutchfans! How do I get in on that racket?

Basso;

If it makes you feel any better I will have a drink with you next time I'm in NYC or if you ever find yourself stuck in the land of 10K lakes.

But then again I will have a drink with any clutchfan.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TJ, and basso just need to be reminded.

The Commonwealth of Kentucky and FEMA Work Together...

“This is an amazing effort and we have worked long hours to move supplies and equipment. Our working partnership with FEMA ensures we are getting excellent help under difficult circumstances for Kentuckians suffering from the winter storm,” said Gen. John W. Heltzel, director of Kentucky’s Division of Emergency Management.
    http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=vi...y&storyid=51093

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I can't believe that some of ya'll still read, nevermind reply to these threads. Don't feed the trolls.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We sent some blankets and coats to Kentucky with a neighborhood church group...what did you guys do ?

TJ, Texx? Basso?

DD

15. basso

Supporting Member

so you're saying you like me, you really like me!

odds are i'll be up there soonish- one of my best friends lives out near Northfield- total Obama homer too.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

My intentions are not to take side, but to point out the ridiculous banter between both sides. So according to the following article, Obama has not declared this a major disaster. Let me point out that many of the continuous poster here have no f- clue about what they are talking about.

Link

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

See, now that is an evidence-based post! :)

And thanks FB for pointing out the obvious differences. And Jorge thanks for more hilarity of our relative degrees of "social awareness."

But the chiding I deserve comes from rhad. Will conduct myself accordingly henceforth. Toodles.

18. surrender

surrender Member

I bet basso is into BSDM, because that's the only explanation for his return to this thread after getting thoroughly pwned

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Again...for the second time...has the Governor of Kentucky asked for Federal help. If not, FEMA cannot get involved. That is the same fact that I used to defend Bush re Katrina.

Using the same standard by which to judge Obama is the only logical step.

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I think you have been smoking your well manicured lawn.