1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama bouncing back - approval ratings rise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Anticope

Anticope Member

You do know that Sunsrocketsfan is a conservative right? He's the one that started this thread, but nice try.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

I'll take you up on that, find anything I said at any time and I will defend it.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I guess I'm not the first to point this out, but I'll just reiterate what Anticope posted: this thread was started by a conservative.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently Cheney forgot that Congress has been hampering Obama's ability to shut down Gitmo.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

...oops

6. SunsRocketsfan

Doesnt matter if I am a conservative or a liberal. If Obama's ratings are rising it is something to be acknowledged. If conservatives want to win the next election they better run someone other than Palin. I have nothing against Palin and I think she is probably a really nice person to have as a neighbor but I agree she is not suitable to be president.

But ghettocheese does have a point and it applies to both sides. Some of the liberals will dimiss/ignore his decling approval ratings but once they rise they will jump all over it. Imagine if it was a Republican in office right now and the war in Afghanistan is still going on. We would never hear the end of the liberals complaing about the war and calling for impeachment. But now that Obama has actually decided to increase the effort and expand the war on terror in Afghanistan they are all of a sudden quiet (a few of you have come out and said you are against the war still but if it was a Republican president you would be much more passionate) Anyways same thing goes for Republicans. I don't think the opposition to the bailouts or taxes would be as loud (even though most conseratives would still be against it) if it was Republican in office.

I will always tend to vote conservative but I will give Obama a chance now that the Republicans have a voice in congress.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Voters are damn fickle.

We deserve the upcoming ****storm for failing to confront long-term reality.

8. Anticope

Anticope Member

Show me one post in this thread where anyone has "jumped all over" Obama's approval rating going up. All I have seen is a few people speculating as to why it might be that his rating is up. The fact is every president is more than likely going to dip into the 40's in approval rating at some point, heck Clinton and Reagan both fell to even lower points during their terms than Obama has.

Ghettocheeze is just blindly seeing a hypocrisy that really isn't there, and in the process is unknowingly highlighting his own.

9. SunsRocketsfan

I wasn't talking about this thread in particular but in general. Yes, I started this thread to discuss and speculate why his numbers are rising. But you cant Deny the hypocrisy that goes on on this board. I was only merely using a few examples. The hypocrisy is displayed from both sides on here not just one side. People seem to have such blind faith in their parties its ridiculous. It's like a religion to them say anything bad about it and they get all defensive.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but that simply isn't true about most of the Democrats I know, who spend nearly as much time complaining about their own party as they do about the GOP. That certainly includes me. Aside from that, however, good job with the thread. :cool:

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Maybe his whole objective was to "try" to shut it down. Uptil now Obama has shown a very similar strategy to Bush-Cheney with his foreign policy and national security efforts. I'd say he's been even more aggresive. To me that says it all, appears Cheney also agrees.