1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama and gun control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Landlord Landry, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

There is no difference if that is what he voted for.

He voted to expand the definition to anything that goes through a vest rated for handgun ammo. After that laws passes the Attorney General can ban anything that meets that requirment.

He also supported the 5 miles within a school. How many small businesses does that shut down? Apparantly 90% of ffl holders.

It sounds like you have no idea WTF you are talking about.

2. weslinder

weslinder Member

It's just a more comfortable gun to me than any AR that I've fired.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The only kinds of guns that I would ever want to really own or shoot would be those that are either from the 19th century or earlier, or are replicas.

They are the coolest guns there are.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Do you dislike the pistol grip or is the stock to short? I put a stock spacer and grip filler on my 24" barrel AR. Feels much better.

5. glynch

glynch Member

Who cares about the economic crisis, war and peace, health care. Let's vote on who is least likely to regulate high power ammo and weapons. That is what is important.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

LOL, my sentiments exactly. And America's.

Couple more days guys....and I'm enjoying every minute before the real hard part starts :)

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You accused me of depicting many McCain supporters as gun toting, religious right, homophobes, and xenophobes and yet your two latest threads are one calling Obama a disgusting pig with an abortion article already proven to be false and this thread with a piece from the NRA that is completely false. You are proving to be a good example.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

There is nothing false about what the NRA said. But please try to explain how it is false.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm not really going to spend time debating how the NRA distorts the truth in this ad. It's fairly evident, various outlets have covered it, and you just want to continue to play this game of distorting his record. I'm not interested.

10. Landlord Landry

There has been nothing proven false on Obamas abortion record or FOCA either, but please try to explain how it was.........in the appropriate forum of course.

and I actually posted a topic on The Fairness Doctrine, but nobody responded......I guess another freedom Obama may take away isn't sensational enough.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I already went line by line, since you have no reply to any of my replys then feel free to just say you don't know wtf you are talking about. thanks

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

You went line by line with your friends ipse and dixit. Great job though.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

If it is completely false should be pretty easy to prove wrong. I guess he voted on it but didn;t mean to vote that way? Marked the wrong answer ont he survey he answered? Just didn;t know what bill he was supporting?

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Care to disprove anything I said?

15. Northside Storm

Even if this is true, I see it as more of a positive then a negative...

Actually, hopefully it is true. It would be nice to see a leader take some decisive stands that may be unpopular. Screw pandering for the vote. I would gain a lot of respect for Obama if he actually publically stated that he had a firm anti-gun stance. Of course, it won't happen, we don't live in an ideal world and Obama would probably never risk such a thing...but hey, one can dream.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

If you like gun control he is marginally better than McCain.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Not really, you failed to refute the factcheck link at all. You simply pronounced it wrong. Without saying why. Not really functional to be disproven, is it?

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I quoted it and broke it up into sections

This was the full quote

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3965418&postcount=16

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

I saw that but you didn't directly address anything from the factcheck claims, like the first one for instance:
    I didn't see any discussion from you on this point as to the particulars.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Interesting because that is the first one I talked about

here is my quote

He voted for it being a "defense to prosecution" if I used it for self defense. So technically unless you are doing that then it is illegal and not really legal even when defending yourself.

He also support mandatory gun locks.