1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama and gun control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Landlord Landry, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Landlord Landry

Is it safe to say Obama is against gun-toting republicans? lol.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4217

NRA And Brady Campaign AGREE: Barack Obama Is Anti-Gun

Friday, October 17, 2008

In a rare occurrence, NRA and the Brady Campaign (formerly Handgun Control, Incorporated) agree on something.

<b>Four years ago, the Brady Campaign endorsed an anti-gun senator by the name of John Kerry for President, and NRA thought that decision made sense—for an anti-gun group. </b>

This week, in a testament to his anti-gun record, Barack Obama also received a presidential endorsement from the Brady Campaign.

So, once again, the Brady Campaign and NRA are in total agreement—Barack Obama is, by far, the most anti-gun presidential nominee in history and he certainly deserves the endorsement of one of the most outspoken anti-gun organizations in the country.

NRA-ILA has repeatedly documented Obama’s anti-gun stance; but if any doubt remains about Obama’s true position on the Second Amendment, his endorsement from the Brady Campaign should dispel it.

The Brady endorsement of Obama comes on the heels of similar endorsements we’ve reported on from the American Hunters and Shooters Association, and the Humane Society of the United States, and dovetails nicely with them¾the first group being the leading anti-gun lobby in the country; the second, a phony front group whose mission is to confuse sportsmen as to their true anti-gun agenda; and the third a radical animal “rights” group that wants to ban all hunting in the United States!

So, as a pro-gun voter, you’ve got to ask yourself: Why do these vehemently anti-gun, anti-hunting groups unequivocally endorse Barack Obama? And the answer is: They know he supports their anti-gun, anti-hunting agenda and is therefore their logical and unanimous choice!

The Brady endorsement puts Obama in the anti-gun company of Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), Jack Reed (D-RI), Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), John Conyers (D-NY), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), and, of course, John Kerry (D-MA), to name a few, who are also counted among the Bradys’ endorsed, anti-gun political elite this year.

The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) has issued its endorsement in the 2008 Presidential race (due to federal campaign finance regulations, you’ll have to read more about that endorsement by clicking here), and is more than confident that its endorsed candidate is not simply the better choice of the two; he is the far better choice. In fact, there can be no doubt; the man Brady, AHSA, and HSUS have endorsed is the most anti-gun presidential candidate in American history!

Or more information about Barack Obama’s extremist views concerning our Second Amendment Rights, please visit www.GunBanObama.com.

For more information on NRA-PVF’s endorsement and the candidates’ records, please visit www.NRAPVF.org.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4216

Friday, October 17, 2008

Refused to sign the brief supporting an individual Second Amendment right in the Heller case.

Against Right-to-Carry. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 4/2/08; Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04)

Director, Joyce Foundation—one of the most anti-gun foundations in America. (Politico)

"I think it's a scandal that this president [Bush] did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban." (Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes, 10/21/04)

"Clinging" to guns—how Obama described "bitter" gun owners at a San Francisco fundraiser.

Ammunition ban supporter. Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting. (United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05)

Limiting self-defense. Obama voted to allow the prosecution of people who us a firearm for self-defense in their homes. (Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165, vote 20, 3/25/04)

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

McCain is no Palin so its not like it matters.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

You have 2 people to blame. Arms companys for making the Rhino bullet which was the 1st to become a threat because it was made to be a armored pearsing bullet and Police officers for complaining about it which makes since if your a cop.

SO REPLUBLICANS HATE OUR POLICE OFFICERS

4. Landlord Landry

can you explain this part then.....

Ammunition ban supporter. Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting. (United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05)

Limiting self-defense. Obama voted to allow the prosecution of people who us a firearm for self-defense in their homes. (Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165, vote 20, 3/25/04)

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Wow Rino bullets huh? What makes them so special about being "amored pearsing"? Looks to me like they are a lead core bonded to a copper jacket so it just makes no "since" to me as how they are different than the other billion bullets out there.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

How about McCain? He is a total gun grabber also.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I loves mah gun.

Loves it.

8. surrender

surrender Member

Have you stopped shooting your wife

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

only one? monogamy is for marriage not guns my friend.

10. weslinder

weslinder Member

I've been wanting a Mini-14 for a while, and with the likely result of the election, I bought one last week. I doubt that gun control will be at the top of Obama's or a Democratic Congress's agenda, but I'm sure that it will come up, and because it can shoot more than one cartridge a minute, I'm pretty sure it will be one of the first things the gun-grabbers try to ban.

11. lpbman

lpbman Member

If I had money to burn I'd buy a few .50 cal bolt action or Barrett semi auto ubercannons. With a wave of Dems heading for Washington, that is likely to be the first place they start a ban and the value of those things will shoot through the roof.

Plus, I've always wanted to shoot one.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

not me. entirely to loud and expensive.

I would have a flinch after 2 or 3 shots.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

why do you like the Ruger over the AR's?

My friend has a ruger and the AR's just seem to be a much better rifle to me.

14. aghast

aghast Member

non-partisan FactCheck.org:

Check the link for a point-by-point analysis.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

how dare you accuse me of shooting my wife.

reported.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Ok let me break it down for you

to use a firearm for self defense it has to be loaded and easily (quickly) accessible, he is against this being legal.

he supported a handgun ban in Ill. and he supported the DC handgun ban

He supported a law that would close all gun shops within 5 miles of a school. This was found to be about 90% of them

rifle rounds used for hunting are more powerful than handgun rounds. police wear vest designed to stop handguns. Thus anti-gunners have decided that rifle rounds are "cop killers" and thus should be banned.

17. aghast

aghast Member

Specifically, from above:

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

real AP rounds are already illegal. Just like real assault rifles.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

They want to expand it from real AP to anything that can go through a vest required to be worn by police. Police are required to wear vests that are rated to stop handguns. Soldiers wear vest rated stop rifles.

Here is what the guy who wrote it had to say:

20. aghast

aghast Member

This, too, shall pass?

Signed,

[​IMG]

There's a difference between vowing to close a blanket 90% of gun shops & supporting a law which would outlaw them near schools, a difference between supporting an assault weapons ban and wanting to ban all rifle ammuntion. This article is grossly unfair to Obama's actual positions.