1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Aides Weigh Bid to Tie the G.O.P. to the Tea Party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OddsOn, Sep 20, 2010.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kh4xhem8tM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kh4xhem8tM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know, if the tea party was really the bastion of mainstream america, why are Republicans running away from it and why are Dems trying to tie them to it?

You should think about that....maybe they aren't America...maybe America doesn't like them after all.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I guess you're right. No sense in attacking 20% of the idiots in America (or should I say 20% of the republican idiots).

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

They have a higher approval rating then the Democrats and Republicans (WSJ ). Not sure that equates to being a "bastion of mainstream america", but it has got to mean something.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was such a (fill in with your choice of unprintable words, in any combination) thing to say. You know absolutely nothing about the mid to late 1960's and early '70's. All you can come up with is a crap post not worth using to wipe my ass.

Of course the Democratic Party should tie the GOP to the "tea party" yahoos. All I can say is, are they really just now considering doing that?? The leadership of my party would be insane not to glue the GOP and the "tea party" at the hip. Most of the yahoos are Republicans, anyway. What is there to think about?

Oh, and at least the New York Times can spell, yahoo.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, considering the tea party doesn't actually have anyone in congress to govern....an approval rating kinda is meaningless. How can you approve of the job someone is doing when they aren't even employed?

Anyway, let's assume you are speaking about favor-ability. The tea-party stands at 30% and only 12% of Americans identify themselves as members. (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000003734208&cpage=2).

Now, favorability of dems is much higher - obama's at 47%. You are confusing job approval with favorability.

I think a lot of people are turned off by the extreme nature of the tea party - the racist elements, and clear lack of understanding of the truth basically. There's a lot of ridiculous comments and irrational statements. Their positions are contradictory, and it's clear there's a lot of republican money behind the party and it's not so grassroots as they claim.

This tea party thing isn't new. We had it with Clinton, and with Carter. The nutjobs come out whenever a dem is in the white house. They never really have problems with republican big gov't and massive deficits. They never get fed up with that.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why can't they standing up for what our country right?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are assuming this cat is someone with whom you can have a logical conversation. You'd have better luck joining a masterbation party hosted by everyone's favorite witch, Christine O’Donnell.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Why do they want to take a stand for what is wrong with this country? They should stand for what is right and makes America strong.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i cannot stress enough that this will never get old. ;)

11. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Exactly. But O'Donnell knows best- really, her competition doesn't stand a chance- they should just hand her the job.

(That's what Christine said)

12. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

With O'Donnell and Palin in their party, I'm sure the males in the Tea Party will be willing to rise up for what counts.

(That's what Christine said)