1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama 2 years ago: "I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria". He lied.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Son, you don't even know what a Cold War looks like. Call me when kids are learning to duck and cover in school like we did.

This is just general political opposition with Putin playing a role for domestic consumption. There is 0 threat of a nuclear confrontation.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Spoken like a naive child.....or Obama a few years ago.

If you don't recognize that Putin and the Russians conquering neighboring countries and throwing around their weight across the globe is just the start then I don't know what to tell you. The cold war didn't start during the Cuban missile crisis in case you didn't know.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Once again bobby embarrassing himself.

Putin's economy is collapsing. You think he has time to take on the US?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At the moment? No, he's busy conquering the rest of Ukraine and propping up the Assad regime in Syria.....but even you can't be short sighted enough to think he'll stop there.

5. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Just read the title, nothing in the thread. Someone who says something and then changes his mind when new information or factors evolve, did not lie. I used to hate onions 30 years ago and let my parents know that. Now I love them. I wasn't lying 30 years ago.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's politics. Politics loves the gothca flip flop.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Doesn't matter what Russia or any other country is doing. Some select powerful Americans are the greatest (only) danger to America.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Six pages into your disaster of a thread and you refuse to acknowledge that there are liberals in the thread who disagree with President Obama's Syria plan.

You've also refused to offer any suggestion as to what the U.S. strategy in Syria should be going forward. Forget the past and what Obama didn't do; how about an idea going forward?

Answer the question. You started the thread, demonstrate your interested in discourse beyond criticisms of the president.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In other words, this is another one of your clown show threads and it has no place for any discussion on reality where difficult decisions are made and what dopes like you are going to say on talk radio isn't a consideration.

:insert bigotexxx on fire pic:

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:6489d794-ca27-44d3-8616-828216f4b2f9" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.cc.com/shows/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/">Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href="http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow">The Daily Show on Facebook</a>,<a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos">Daily Show Video Archive</a></p></div></div>

11. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I've seen some dumb posts in this section all year, but this one definitely takes the cake.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Putin lost Ukraine, that's like the US losing California. NATO is absorbing all the former USSR states, oil is $50, their monopoly on European natural gas is about to be broken by renewables, non-Russian pipelines, US exports and fracking in Poland.What you see in Putin's actions right now is desperation not real power plays. He can only do enough to appeal to his domestic propaganda.
    He's not a real World War threat. If I lived on Russia's borders I would be nervous, but it's not anything like the real world wide confrontation of the Cold War. And, there is absolutely no threat of anything going nuclear and that was the reality in the Cold War period.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why are you so worried about Ukraine? And what action should the US do to counter? Send american troops in?

And what do you want in syria? You want our soldiers fighting ISIS and getting blown to bits, or would you rather let the Russia own that quagmire?

I hear a lot of this cheap talk from folks like you, but as usual, you offer no solution.

Whhhaaaa whhaaaa - cold war is back! We need to build more nukes!

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Only a lobotomized person, a confused child, or a partisan shill will equate changing one's mind to a lie. A lie is told about the present (I don't have the cookies) or the past (I did not take the cookies).

Saying "I will never have a cookie," and then later having a cookie, is a broken promise, at worst.

All that said, I do not personally welcome even this minor escalation of our involvement in Syria. But that should be the discussion, if we want to have any sort of useful discussion (doubtful on many fronts, but I'm just saying).

I would assume most of our conservative brethren welcome an escalation in Syria. (Not the true conservatives, perhaps, wherever they may be, but the current Fox/GOP conservatives who tend to see military action as the best available option when we don't like something overseas.)

15. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

There was a study done recently on the difference between Republican and Democrat brains and how they function.

The difference is basically Republicans brains process fear differently and more pronounced. They get a heighten flight or fight response when confronted with scary things. Democrats not as much.

This pretty much explains most of their overall stances on

the military (need more, world is scary)
    guns (need more, world is scary)
    government (they're out to control us)
    immigration (they're taking our country and raping our women)

The question is are they born this way or their brains developed this way. My inclination is developed mainly due to the brain being highly malleable depending on our experiences.

Basically I'm saying, there's no hope to change these people.

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And this is why only very few take the left seriously. I have my problems with the right as well, but this post is indicative of oh so many on the left.....you just can't help yourself.

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Dems are also more adaptive to change better, more empathetic to people different than them

Vs Republicans who are only empathetic to people like them.

It's all very interesting and explains these people very well. Once I started looking into the differences between our brains I concluded the only hope is we wait for these people to die off. Or hope they teach their toddlers tolerance and offer them wide varying experiences.

"Google Republican vs Democrat brain" you'll enjoy it, lots of research on it.

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

And you can't help yourself either sir. I find neuro brain scans to be scientific, but like I stated before. Republicans are impervious to facts so I don't really believe science would actually sway you.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, yes I'm sure you think that you are the Übermensch because of party affiliation....most braindead partisans do.