1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama 2 years ago: "I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria". He lied.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 1, 2015.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I give up, you win.

Suggesting it is Obama's fault for your dysfunctional congress is beyond me. The same congress that tried to repeal Obamacare like 50 times (not sure why it took 50 times for them to figure out it would fail)? The same congress that can't even decide on it's leader? You mean the least productive congress in the history of the united states in terms of bills voted on?

No one is washing Obama of blame, you're just blaming him for the wrong things.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You can pretty much dismiss anything texxx has to say in regards to Obama or his foreign policy. He has been wrong for almost 15 years now on everything.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Obama had a democratic congress when he started. He still couldn't get anything done.

Take off the partisan blinders.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You still won't answer the question. What should be the course of action going forward in Syria? Don't talk about what Obama should've done, a solution won't be found in the past.

Please advocate for something.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I have no doubt that if Obama had not sent in advisors bigtuxx would have created a thread sputtering the exact opposite of this thread.

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Mind you, I don't agree with everything here.

1. Economic Stimulus after the worst recession in a long time
    2. expanded health insurance for children program
    3. Ledbetter law requiring equal pay for women
    4. Obamacare
    5. gay rights in the military
    6. lifting 8 year ban on embryonic stem cell research
    7. Consumer protection bureau, protecting consumers for predatory lending practices
    8. Dodd-Frank - Wall street bank oversight
    9. Fair-sentencing act - reducing the disparity between punishment for crack vs cocaine
    10. Small business jobs act: improve lending for small businesses
    11. Economic sanctions on Iran act
    12. Family smoking and tobacco act: impose more restrictions on tobacco companies
    13. Fraud act: enhanced criminal prosecution in financial fraud cases
    14. Hiring incentives: payroll breaks for businesses hiring unemployed workers

There's more here -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_United_States_Congress

Compare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/112th_United_States_Congress
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/113th_United_States_Congress
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/114th_United_States_Congress

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

8. g1184

g1184 Member

Bigtexxx is too smart to fall for this nonsense, everybody knows the only way to win a real-life war is to have more people on your side, like the game RISK.

If you're so god damn smart, what happens when Obama rolls a 3 and Putin rolls a 5 if Obama only has 50 people and Putin has 200? it's simple math. It's like you want the communists to win.

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/26/132329542/this-congress-did-a-lot-but-whats-next#

"The session of Congress about to come to an end — the 111th — has passed more legislation than any Congress since the 1960s."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-1960s-makes-most-laws-for-americans-as-111th

"However history judges the 535 men and women in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate the past two years, one thing is certain: The 111th Congress made more law affecting more Americans since the “Great Society” legislation of the 1960s."

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So let's send more young Americans to die for who knows what so Obama can stay honest?

These are peoples husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, husbands, sons, daughters, etc... When are we gonna stop treating them (each other) like human meat pawns in a game none of them want to play and instead as real people?

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

Nobody wants to wash all accountability from Obama's hands. The thing that you and others like you seem to have such a problem understanding is that there is a difference between holding someone accountable and holding that same person accountable for every single problem that exists in the world.

Of course, it doesn't matter because you decided a long time ago that playing petty political games is more important than having discussions about fixing actual problems in this country. In fact, this entire thread is one big contradiction on your part as you have criticized Obama for not doing enough in Syria while simultaneously accusing him of lying for sending troops (50 LOL) over there. You've already tried to build this issue in a way where you will be able to criticize Obama no matter what, you just don't realize how transparent your agenda is.

12. bigtexxx

Look I know you're defensive but you're also being hypocritical. George H Bush got flamed for the read my lips comment, and now the liberals are all defensive when I've highlighted Obama's blatant lie.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's amazing is that even bigtexxx is under the impression that Obama had not lied before this. That's insane.

14. bigtexxx

Not saying that at all -- just highlighting his most recent lie.

15. mc mark

You are absolutely right!

That's it! I'm never voting for Obama again!

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given the current situation in the Middle East, what strategy would you advocate going forward in Syria?

17. Anticope

Anticope Member

Why should politicians never change their minds/positions? Bush I went back on his word because he had to do so in order to work with a Democratic Congress and it was the right move on his part. In fact, I'm pretty sure he took more heat from his own party than the Democrats on that one, although it's hard to remember exactly since you cited an example from almost 30 years ago.

18. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is anyone directly engaging bigtexx? This entire thread is intended to troll all the overly-earnest progressives (among which I would include myself). He's not going to respond seriously to anything we post to counter his trolling.

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The difference is that one of them was willing to stay the course and clean up the mess while maintaining stability in the area to keep from creating more mess. The other one is Obama who is the cause of both breeding grounds.

20. mc mark

That you honestly believe this shows how lost you truly are.