1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

O.k. considering all (price, selection, etc.) which is best Playstation 2 or Dreamcas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 20, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I want to know what the people think.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

PS2, X box will be better than all of them.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

[This message has been edited by Francis3 (edited January 20, 2001).]

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

If you like sports games then you have to go with Dreamcast.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'm more interested in the Gamecube, myself.

Anyone who buys an X-Box should be tarred and feathered.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

I guess I should get a dreamcast if that's better for sports games because that's what i like to play.

------------------

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

If you want sport games go with the PS2. EA Sports have put ALOT of time and effort into the PS2. Madden 2001 is by far and away the best NFL game ever and Im sure NBA Live will blow the competition out of the water also. Fifa is terrific (and Im not even a soccer fan) and is SSX.

Looking at the overall package Song has the developers, has the hype (A big factor, its means they sell like hot cakes!) and they have the history.

Trust me you want the best system get a PS2. If you dont you'll regret it.

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

My Expert Opinion Of Steve Francis:Mate he is a special player!

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get a PS2... more game selection, better graphics, and if you like football games, nothing beats Madden 2001 from what I'm hearing...

eagerly awaiting release of NBA Live 2001...

------------------
    "No Brain Grant, no trade." -- Typos are a b**** as ZRB is holding Rocket trades hostage while he seeks a brain. Conspiracy theorists say this would explain why Hakeem has yet to be traded...

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Crisco, you lost all credibility with me when you said NBA Live has always sucked. I guess I should go with a PS2 like I had originally planned.

------------------

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

OK, shell out 500 bucks on a PS2 cuz someone thinks NBA Live and all of EA's games are boring. Whatever.

I've played just about every NBA game out there, and NBA2k1 is the only one that I have wanted to buy in years. Hell, even my wife, someone who has never liked playing sports games, enjoys it.

DVau, yeah, the Dreamcast controllers were weird at first, but after a few days I got used to it.

I probably will end up getting another system too, PS2 most likely, cuz I like RPGs and Square will still be making them by the boatload, but I am going to wait a few years till the price goes down and there is a good selection of games.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

10. Steve_Francis_rules

Crisco, I didn't mean that I would buy a PS2 only because you don't like NBA Live. What I meant was that since that's always been my second favorite game, and you don't like it anyway, you wouldn't be the best person to advise me on which system has better games.

------------------

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to let you know - all of the reviews of Live 2001 for ps2 have been lukewarm. Summary:

Great graphics
    no franchise mose
    serious gameplay problems (slow button response, inability to rebound, etc).

Most have said NBA 2K1 was better.

Madden was better looking than NFL 2K1, but is not as good in the gameplay department, either.

------------------
    EZLN

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The PS2 also plays Playstation One games so yes, they have more than "8".

------------------
    "No Brain Grant, no trade." -- Typos are a b**** as ZRB is holding Rocket trades hostage while he seeks a brain. Conspiracy theorists say this would explain why Hakeem has yet to be traded...

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So when the Game Cube comes out what will you be telling us to wait for then? [​IMG]

------------------

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why? Just shell out $299 when they're available in larger quantities. [​IMG]

------------------

15. Steve_Francis_rules

There is no way I would pay anywhere near $500 for a PS2. I'm probably going to wait until the price goes down a little anyway.

------------------

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Oh, I can dig it SF. I guess I was feelin a little snippy today, it's like im surf or sumthin. [​IMG] The sports games on DC really do kick ass though. You should rent the system or hog the Best Buy demo area like me and my wife did and have some fun.

DoD, see I already have the PS1, so getting a PS2 for 2 good games and 10 garbage ones would make little sense for me. But for someone like you who hasn't had a console since Pong, yeah, I think that would definitely be a good move for you.

BTW, I just got a kick-ass RPG for my PS, and 2 quality games for my DC out of the bargain bin for 50 bucks.

HELL YEAH!!

------------------
    snap crackle pop

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Which RPG?

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Vagrant story.

It's been on "my list" for a while now. And I still have to play Legend of Legaia and Grandia. LOL. But I'm almost through Xenogears. I almost got Eternal for Dreamcast for 11 bucks, but I decided against cuz I didn't know much about it and the last time I bought something I didn't know I ended up with Saga Frontier(ick!).

I've been meaning to ask, you're an RPG nut aren't you Fade?

------------------
    snap crackle pop

19. Steve_Francis_rules

Not a problem Crisco, we all have days like that. [​IMG]

------------------

20. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

Dreamcast all the way...Nba 2k1 and NFL2k1 are the most fun games, and playing on the internet makes it even all that better!!!

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it