1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

O.J. Mayo nearing a multi-year deal with...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dat Dude, Jul 3, 2013.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Who's in charge in Milwaukee?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

True. They told Dwight they'd suck balls this coming season. Asked him to wait instead. Great pitch :rolleyes:

3. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

You do realize that your healthy Rockets were only 4 games better than the Mavs in the standings even though your "Superstar" Hardin was healthy and Dirk was out half the season, right? With a healthy Dirk you don't even have a better record than the Mavs. Just because ESPN, who happens to have collected the worst sports analyst in the world, happens to think Houston is a better fit......does not make it true.

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

oh man do the bucks like selfish scorers

5. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

But it is true and it's really not even debatable, Mavs fan. A 35-year-old Dirk is the selling point for Dwight to go to Dallas? If that's the case, then Dallas isn't even realistically in the conversation. Oh, and it's Harden.

6. Raven

Raven Member

It would be hilarious if you were Mark Cuban .

:grin:

7. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

I wish, I will admit I am a die hard Mavs fan. I really do not have any bad feelings towards the Rockets though. You got your championships when I was still a young kid and you got them with class act unselfish players, like Dirk, who were likeable and hall of famers. I do think though your fan base is a little over confident about the whole Dwight Howard thing. Harden is a start, but he is far from a super star. He will never be able to carry a team on his back like Olajawon did for you guys in the 90's and Dirk did for us in 2011. Dirk might be 35 but he is still a much better player than Harden, anyone who believes otherwise is not a realistic fan. Yes Dirks days are numbered but not as quickly as you all say. Dirk is 35 and his game is not built on athleticism at all. Everyone said Tim Duncan was to old and look what he just did at 37. Trust me Dirk is far from done. Whoever gets him I just hope he leaves L.A. I have nothing but respect for the Rockets, yes some of your fans are idiots but some of the Mavericks fans are the same.....to be fair all teams have fans that are.

8. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Stopped reading right there. Have no interest in your ill-hearted attempt to "prove" why Dwight is a better fit for the Mavs than the Rockets. There is no explanation to prove your theory.

So, let's stay on topic...O.J. Mayo in a Bucks jersey. That's highly comical. Could be a fantasy stud, though, since he's going to get his shots.

9. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Ya you would be one of those Houston fans I was talking about. There not all like you though, can't hold it against the whole group for one idiot who could not stand to read an opinion from the otherside.

10. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

"I do think though your fan base is a little over confident about the whole Dwight Howard thing. Harden is a start, but he is far from a super star. He will never be able to carry a team on his back like Olajawon did for you guys in the 90's and Dirk did for us in 2011. Dirk might be 35 but he is still a much better player than Harden, anyone who believes otherwise is not a realistic fan."

You come onto a Houston Rockets message board, spew this garbage, and I'm the idiot? Interesting...

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I live in Dallas and everyone's mostly a fair weather for the MAvs. MFFL my ass. Going to be another empty year with Dirk and Marion and cheap 1 year rentals in order to ''keep your powder dry.''

12. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Dirk is a much better player than Harden? Hmmmm. Dirk is still really good, but his per was 19.8 last year. Harden at 23 years old and as the first option for the first time had a 23 per. Harden is really good. You're underestimating him.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden is worse than Dirk? At these stages in their careers? Is that dude on drugs? I hope he seeks help soon...

14. Raven

Raven Member

Dallas needs Dwight more than Houston. He will be the younger star who attracts another elite player. It certainly won't be Dirk who'll be 36 next Summer.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

over/under? 80% leaning to more...

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Mayo has more talent than Ellis/Jennings in my opinion, but he has never proven it consistently, I can't understand why they wouldn't focus on Jennings first (maybe they have and it's just not reported?)

I totally get why you would let Ellis go though.

17. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

@WojYahooNBA: Milwaukee has reached agreement with OJ Mayo on a three-year, $24 million contract, league source tells Y! Sports.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/cf_gardner">@cf_gardner</a>: O.J. Mayo has agreed to terms with Bucks on a three-year, $24 million deal, according to a league source</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/353322999442702336">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I actually like this deal quite a bit. Mayo is worth every bit of $8M in today's NBA. He's going to a place that's completely irrelevant, but still yet, good get.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I got this far.....