1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYTimes]Introducing the New and Old Luis Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

Scola gettin some more love! Link

AggieRocketsFan

2 people like this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Maybe I'm partial but I'd rather have Scola than Bosh. I know the age difference but still like the way he balls better then Mr IPad.

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Luis is getting a lot more points and boards because our guards and forwards have been clanking the ball and he has been cleaning up the trash.

Luis has been awesome, but let's hope his numbers come down a bit and everyone else's go up a bit for a Rox win.

Oh, and this is why I never wanted Bosh, Luis is just as good and at a lower price point.

DD

4. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Yeah No kidding. DD .Plus Scola has heart..

5. moose

moose Member

Glad to see Luis beasting. And I hope it is not because of what DD stated.

I always said his defense was bad, but that could probably be because of an overall lack of team defense.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice find! And some people want to trade him, some find only fault with his game, some call Luis "old," but as the column so accurately points out, this is the Scola we've always had. Come aboard the Scola train!

VIVA SCOLA!!

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Scola's making me feel real guilty for wanting Bosh. I'm sorry Luis -- please forgive me! No, wait, I STILL WANT BOSH! EMBARRASS ME FURTHER, LUIS!

I can't imagine Scola's numbers if he made most of those 2-footers and lay-ups he tends to miss.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Anyone seen Leebigez?

I was wondering if AC Green could do this, since Leeb said he and Scola were about the same.

;)

DD

9. deshen

deshen Member

This is very true, Scola should be the central part of our offense system from now on.

10. king3a6

king3a6 Member

I wouldn't want Bosh on my team even if he's cheaper - that dude has talents, but he is NOT a winner

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, he used to say worse things about Luis than he says now. I don't think he'll change his tune. Leeb will just continue to be, with regard to Scola, a blithering dunderhead!

:p

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

interesting. in all the discussion about whether we need to find or get a crunch time scorer, overlooked is the fact that perhaps he's already here.

by extension, maybe what we need to back up Yao, instead of Miller/Dampier, is someone like Camby- a true defensive stopper, and let the offense flow through Scola.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

His defense has been really bad though, But so is the rest of the team's so whatever

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

True, but if everyone outscores their man, we are good to go.

;)

DD

16. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I think your right. I also think his better numbers are due to the fact that we've got some bigs finally, and that means the opposing bigs aren't focusing on Scola, which makes him much more effective IMO.

17. worzel gummidge

Beast mode Scola has indeed been activated but to reach his ultimate form he needs a PG to help him get to the next level.

Only then will we see...

Pick n Rolla Scola !!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Long live The ice-cream man!

Scola is the reason we have been in games. I love his play and his toughness.

We need to win tonite, so scola better dominate David west.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good point. That may be what they hope to do with Dampier this season, although he's obviously not on Camby's level.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think his defense is that bad. I think he's a good team defender who knows his physical limitations and plays within them. He can't cover for everyone else. Besides, when you are producing offense and rebounding at that level, many sins should be forgiven, and his sins aren't that bad.